• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I have a Taurus PT1911 and think I want to swap out the MSH for an arched one, but I'm not sure. I've never held a 1911 with an arched MSH, but I've got some pretty big mitts and the flat doesn't even contact my palm.

So, think I should swap it or leave it be for a while and see if I get used to it flat? Those with arched MSHs, are you guys happy with the feeling? Any perceived difference?

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I would shoot it for awhile and see if it's really going to bug you. I personally don't like arched housings but I have friends who hate straight one. Pay attention to how it groups when you shoot quickly from a draw or a low ready. If you're printing high groups then I would think about changing.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    i've got one you can try. pretty easy swap.
    I figured as much. I've detail stripped it but never pulled the guts out of the MSH, but figured it couldn't be that bad.

I would shoot it for awhile and see if it's really going to bug you. I personally don't like arched housings but I have friends who hate straight one. Pay attention to how it groups when you shoot quickly from a draw or a low ready. If you're printing high groups then I would think about changing.
    Hmmm interesting. First time I shot it I was a little high but figured it was because I was used to the Glock grip angle. Practicing from low-ready now though, sights line up pretty well.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    You should be able to stop by most any gunshop and handle a 1911A1. I believe that they all have the arched housing.

Good point, I'll try to stop by MC Sports, but I always feel bad fondling guns that I cannot legally buy from them lol :dunno:

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Also, did you mean you had an arched MSH extra I could try, a gun with an arched MSH I could hold, or a gun with an arched MSH I can have?

:D

nice try. :): i have an arched msh you can have. i'll be at the bloomingtom sportsplex (i think that's what it's called) with my son's soccer team thursday.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    nice try. :): i have an arched msh you can have. i'll be at the bloomingtom sportsplex (i think that's what it's called) with my son's soccer team thursday.

Can't blame a guy for tryin :D

That's really awesome of you too. You can PM me details of when you'll be there and everything so I can meet you so I can figure out who to ask for their car lol :). Sportsplex down on 2nd Street towards 37 right?

again, you rock :rockwoot:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have a Taurus PT1911 and think I want to swap out the MSH for an arched one, but I'm not sure. I've never held a 1911 with an arched MSH, but I've got some pretty big mitts and the flat doesn't even contact my palm.

As an aside, you may be having some issues with your grip that would help if they were corrected.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    As an aside, you may be having some issues with your grip that would help if they were corrected.

Perhaps, but I should've said it doesn't contact my palm as much as I'd like. It hits it, but I'm much more comfortable with the curved backstrap of the G19. I just feel like a little more in that area would feel better :dunno:

87acc34f.jpg

4215c155.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Hmmm ... photos look okay from here.

I suppose it's a matter of personal preference as well as what you hand is used to holding. I suspect that if you normally shot 1911s, the Glock would point way high for you!

Top Bottom