• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Torn between buying either a Used (CDNN Investments) USP 45 or new M&P 45. I love my other HKs, but like the way M&P feels in my hand, & sight radius seems better to me. However, never shot a M&P.

Any opinions, especially experience w/ both?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hard to go wrong with any H&K piece. Have a USP and it is a joy to shoot.
    Nothing wrong with the M&P either. You are going to shoot what ever it is you buy. Get the feel of both, shoot both if possible. Pick what works and feels "Good" in your hand.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    What other HK's do you have? I have had both and like the USP better. The M&P is a very nice gun though.The grip is smaller than the USP 45 and the USP is lighter on recoil. Boils down to what you like better and what you shoot better IMO. The USP's at CDNN are priced very nice.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    HK USP .45 all the way. Mil spec competitor, large capacity, dead accurate, proven over years and years of service in police forces all over, can be fired under water. I love this pistol. I use my buddies every chance I get. It's never failed to fire.

I watched an MP .45 jam 6 times in less than 2 minutes the other day at the range. Failure to eject, failure to chamber a round. I'm not saying this is a common occurance. It's just what I've seen.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    What other HK's do you have? I have had both and like the USP better. The M&P is a very nice gun though.The grip is smaller than the USP 45 and the USP is lighter on recoil. Boils down to what you like better and what you shoot better IMO. The USP's at CDNN are priced very nice.

I have HK45C, P30 in 9mm & 40.

Thank You all for feedback, keep it coming. Still torn, no funds for both, M&P is different, feels really good, but I rarely take anything to range but my HKs.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    I have HK45C, P30 in 9mm & 40.

Thank You all for feedback, keep it coming. Still torn, no funds for both, M&P is different, feels really good, but I rarely take anything to range but my HKs.

If they are DA/SA or LEM (either way) buy the USP and set it up the same, so you have the same manual of arms no matter which one you carry.

mike63502

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Do you want the Lexus or Ford? Both will work, one is more refined as stated above. If I had to buy 100 of them, I would buy the M&P. If I was buying a couple for personal use it would definitely be the HK.

Obiward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Fortville
    My HK USP 45 is my favorite pistol in my collection. Wouldn't part with it. The only gripe I have heard about it is the large dimensions. I have huge hands and it fits me perfectly.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    My HK USP 45 is my favorite pistol in my collection. Wouldn't part with it. The only gripe I have heard about it is the large dimensions. I have huge hands and it fits me perfectly.

I don't have the largest hands, but the USP 9mm (handled a used one @ LGS, never fired one, shop wouldn't allow dry fire, even w/ snap cap), didn't seem to large, not sure about 45

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    I believe the .45 is larger than a 9mm. I had a USP .45 and although it was a great gun it just didn't fit my hand well so I got rid of it. Now I've got a couple M&P's...

Top Bottom