• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tyrusvirus1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I got the courage to purchase a PF9 the other day. I am a traditional revolver guy who was carrying a Colt Detective Special as my everyday carry. I hope I do not regret going the Kel Tec route, the reviews are mixed. Anyone have one?

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Yep, have a P11 for EDC.

They take a bit of break in to get them to run correctly, about 200 rounds is usually sufficient. I usually polish the feed ramp with a dremel and metal polish as well as the chamber just a bit and have had no issues. Another thing that will cause FTF, is limp wristing, so be sure to have a good firm grip.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    That Det Spec is/was special, BG (Before Glock) in the 80's I carried one around forever. Now its my Glock-27. Had it on last night for a trip to a store and Arby's.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have a PF-9 also. I like it but it is going to be a bit longer before I am confident enough in it to use as my primary carry weapon. However, I do believe they have worked all the bugs out of it.

Big J

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Evansville
    I have a PF-9, no problems with the gun. I have had it for 2 to 3 years now, it is what I carry when my full size gun is to hard to conseal. The only thing is its size. I am 6'-6" the gun is a little small for me, I tned to shoot low. It's a great little gun, I just have to be sre to get the grip correct.

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    I also have one for CC purposes. It is very snappy. The grip mentioned above does help, but by no means is it "fun" to shoot, but I haven't had a single gun related issue. I do occasionally actuate the mag release when I fire it, but that's operator error.

Easy1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Kokomo
    I've heard good things about them! You know what they say about opinions and as*holes - everyone has one! Don't let someone steer you away from making a purchase until you do some diggin on your own which it sounds like you did so GOOD JOB!

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    A Kel Tec Owner

As a Kel-Tec P32 owner, I can give you the following tips. I am not an
    expert, just had some Kel-Tec experience.
    Take the pistol apart, clean it well. While apart, check the slide for any
    "burrs" or unusual issues. I used a dremmel, to polish the feed ramp. Remember, you are only polishing, don't go at it to hard.
    Check you magazine as well as possible also.
    If all looks good, lube the pistol and reassemble. Kel-Tecs may work
    better if lubed a little more than most guns, but don't go crazy.
    Remember, never "slam" you magazine into the pistol.
    Hope this helps a little.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I shot an INGO members PF9. He said he put quite a few rounds thru it and he used snap caps and dry fired it a couple of hundred times. I actually liked it and the recoil was not as bad as some say. I found it quite controllable.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    My P11 has a very good trigger pull, and I love the size, have thought about the Pf9, but really want a smaller Kel-Tec 3at, or .32, good luck and have fun shooting!

Tyrusvirus1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I love my Det Spl, but it is pretty heavy and the finish is still perfect. I figured I better stoop carrying it before it got holster wear.

Tyrusvirus1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Thanks for all the input, I look forward to shooting this little gun. But I look forward to shooting all guns!

Top Bottom