• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    I'm sorry for all the Glock related posts. I'm new to handguns so I have many questions. Everyone's advice, knowledge and experience has ben very helpful!

First off...I'm not sure if I should buy the Glock 26 from a local dealer here in town or wait tell the Indianapolis Gun Show next month. Is there a big difference in price between the two? I've never been. Can you haggle one more then the other? Haggling them on a few bucks less or an extra mag.? Please let me know!

Secondly, if local dealers here is the better choice. What dealers would you recommend? I'd prefer the dealer who values your business, and has good customer service and also a fair price. Not the super cheap dealer who kicks your ass out the door once you make the purchase. Any recommendations? To some people this might not matter, though I like to be a loyal customer to someone who does great business.

Third, I'm sure I'll run into used Glock 26s. In fact, I've already been offered a used one. I'm not experienced enough to judge the value of a used handgun and know what condition it's in. I know of a friend I could ask that has plenty of experience. But is it that much more worth it to buy a used handgun? What would you recommend? Though there's nothing like that brand new car, that has that new car smell.

I think that's all I have for now. Thanks for your valued answers in advance!

Gulley

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm sorry for all the Glock related posts. I'm new to handguns so I have many questions. Everyone's advice, knowledge and experience has ben very helpful!

First off...I'm not sure if I should buy the Glock 26 from a local dealer here in town or wait tell the Indianapolis Gun Show next month. Is there a big difference in price between the two? I've never been. Can you haggle one more then the other? Haggling them on a few bucks less or an extra mag.? Please let me know!

A Glock 26 is a very popular handgun. The prices in the local stores may vary anywhere between $10 - $50, depending where you shop. Most Glocks come with two magazines, but you may find a used gun with additional magazines. There is nothing wrong with asking for a deal, but most places won't necessarily haggle on a Glock 26, because they know that someone is literally standing right behind you to buy it if you don't.

You may be able to find a good deal at the 1500. A couple of the shops sell at the exact same price at the show as they list in their shops. It's a coin toss on finding a "deal" on a Glock, though it's certainly possible.

Secondly, if local dealers here is the better choice. What dealers would you recommend? I'd prefer the dealer who values your business, and has good customer service and also a fair price. Not the super cheap dealer who kicks your ass out the door once you make the purchase. Any recommendations? To some people this might not matter, though I like to be a loyal customer to someone who does great business.

I am not sure where you are located, but I would recommend any of the shops that advertise with INGO. My favorite shop in Bradis and they will value your business.

Third, I'm sure I'll run into used Glock 26s. In fact, I've already been offered a used one. I'm not experienced enough to judge the value of a used handgun and know what condition it's in. I know of a friend I could ask that has plenty of experience. But is it that much more worth it to buy a used handgun? What would you recommend? Though there's nothing like that brand new car, that has that new car smell.

Glocks are solid guns and the average gun owner doesn't really use his gun very much, so you really don't have to worry about getting something that is abused, especially if it's a generation 3 or 4.

I think that's all I have for now. Thanks for your valued answers in advance!

Gulley

I hope this is helpful.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You didn't answer any of my questions...and no. I've been able to access the classified section since my first post...

Thanks

You can't actually purchase from the classifieds until you get 50 quality posts. Billy was just letting you know that's an option, as you may find your best "deal" right here.

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    You can't actually purchase from the classifieds until you get 50 quality posts. Billy was just letting you know that's an option, as you may find your best "deal" right here.

I see, then excuse my comment billy. I thought you were being sarcastic, I took it the wrong way.

Que, I live by Broad Ripple on the Northside. Very helpful post, thanks.

Top Bottom