• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    I am wanting to have my slide refinished on my Glock 19, is there anyone who does that in Kokomo or near? that wouldn't have to have it for 2 weeks?

picture.php

Last edited:

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    If u do refinish, I would suggest OD since you mentioned it. Everyone has a black Glock. That, and I like the OD guns.

Curious. Why refinish it? Do you not like the silver color or no interest in polishing?

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    I dont want mirror finish, the main reason for wanting refinished is that outside the sun reflects off the slide right in my face, plus im bored with it :D i get bored easy

If u do refinish, I would suggest OD since you mentioned it. Everyone has a black Glock. That, and I like the OD guns.

Curious. Why refinish it? Do you not like the silver color or no interest in polishing?

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    If Ryan does not have an answer, give Harley a call at Down By the Tracks in Galveston. I am sure one of those two can point you in the right direction.

PS: The mirror look is really sharp.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    Black is OK but bead blasted matte would look sweet and would not blind you....since Kokomo is crawling with people who like classic American cars, you could probably find a body shop or similar that could hook you up.

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Is it that easy to take off if i mess it up? Iv never used or seen duracoat in person so im not sure how hard it is or what it would take to remove it..

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    158   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    i just stippled my g22 frame came out great , sometimes you just to go for it . try it yourself you will be surprised at how much you can do . and the pride in saying i did it myself . paint is next

JML

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Southside
    It just makes me a little nervous to try that myself.. :n00b:

Duracoat has the shake and spray kits for $29.99 at midway.You get the paint and hardener and the sprayer with it.Just follow the directions and youll be good to go.I was nervous about attempting it as well.But it turned out great.

Top Bottom