• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JB75

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    fort wayne
    I've been looking up info from storm lake barrels on their 40 super conversion kit for my 1911. I know it's a oddball caliber but I reload and the kits is only $205. Just wondering if anyone has done a conversion.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Not familiar with the 40 Super but since the 40 S&W is a shortened 10mm why not just go 10mm? I have a number of guns in that caliber and they are a blast, pun intended, to shoot. :yesway:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Not familiar with the 40 Super but since the 40 S&W is a shortened 10mm why not just go 10mm? I have a number of guns in that caliber and they are a blast, pun intended, to shoot. :yesway:

Because that's more involved than just a barrel swap. (Well this is going to take some ridiculous springs, and a compensator possibly.)

40 super is considerably more powerful than a 10mm as well. 400 Cor-Bon is probably what you're thinking of, as it's more along the lines of the 10mm.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Looks kinda interesting, though Im not sure that I would be interested in it for myself. It would be interesting to see the long term impact it would have on the frame, considering the issues with cartridges in the 10mm range and 1911 frames.

Top Bottom