• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Only if you prefer how the grips feel or want a larger mag release that can be adapted to left handed operation. All else is essentially the same between them.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    My understanding is that not much changed with the 26/27 from Gen 3 to 4. I'd say don't worry about it, and don't second guess it.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I would have ordered the Gen 3.
    I do not like the Gen 4. Interchangable backstraps:I don't need them. I do not like the grip texture and I do not care for the oversized mag release. For a lefty I completely understand the benefit of the Gen 4 so they can change the mag release to the other side.
    Everyone is different some like the Gen 3 better and some like the Gen 4 better, nothing wrong with that and personally I am very glad the Gen 4 did not replace the Gen 3 and both are available. I wouldn't sweat it, the Gen 3 will serve you well.
    Congrats on your purchase by the way! :ingo:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I would have ordered the Gen 3.
    I do not like the Gen 4. Interchangable backstraps:I don't need them. I do not like the grip texture and I do not care for the oversized mag release. For a lefty I completely understand the benefit of the Gen 4 so they can change the mag release to the other side.
    Everyone is different some like the Gen 3 better and some like the Gen 4 better, nothing wrong with that and personally I am very glad the Gen 4 did not replace the Gen 3 and both are available. I wouldn't sweat it, the Gen 3 will serve you well.
    Congrats on your purchase by the way! :ingo:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I HAVE HEARD OF THE SAME ISSUES FROM OTHER PEOPLE BUT I THINK THAT I HAVE MADE THE RIGHT CHOOSE. NOW I JUST HAVE TO WAIT FOR JENKINS TO GET ONE IN.

ALSO DO YOU LIKE THE FIXED SIGHTS OR NIGHT SIGHTS?

Rip007

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    I shot both before buy my gen 4 26. I really didn't prefer one over the other. I purchased the gen 4 because it was only $25 more and came with 3 mags verses 2 with the gen 3.

et_aruba

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    NWI
    Gen 3. The only item I would verify is that it's actually a gen 3.5, as I hear the frames are a bit stronger if you want to get a .357 Sig conversion barrel as I did mine. Other than that, Gen 3 is an excellent choice.

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    I held both the other day at the shop after deciding on the Gen. 3. I changed my mind. The Gen 4 is better for me. My thumb reaches the mag. release much easier, of course I have small fingers. Don't hang me over this statement, but for some reason the Gen. 4 felt noticeably lighter. Not by much though. The RTF on the Gen. 4 wasn't too aggressive. You also get an extra mag. You can't go wrong with either. Their both equally good. If you decide you want the RTF you can get stippling done. If you decide you want an ext. mag. release you can get that done.

Let me end on this...you made a great choice choosing Glock. You can't make a mistake, no such thing.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I HAVE HEARD OF THE SAME ISSUES FROM OTHER PEOPLE BUT I THINK THAT I HAVE MADE THE RIGHT CHOOSE. NOW I JUST HAVE TO WAIT FOR JENKINS TO GET ONE IN.

ALSO DO YOU LIKE THE FIXED SIGHTS OR NIGHT SIGHTS?
    Here they are side by side:
    009.JPG

002.JPG

I prefer the night sights because it's easier for me to line up the big dots then dial in on that big dot; than to line up the tops then find the half a dot left on the front post and dial in on that, dot in the box never produced consistent results for me.

Those night sights are meprolights, I liked them, the ones for the 27 extend back and the sharp metal corner digs into my skin if I'm not picky about the holster. If they sat further forward in the normal offset I'd be fine with them. That is another thing though, the steel is more durable IMO than the polymer, in terms of unsupported appendages on the top of the slide. The Meprolights tend to blend to be all white during the day more so than the Trijicons I looked at. I prefer tritium night sights over the fiber optic sights.

Remember that night sights only give you info about your sighting system, you'll still need a quality white light for target identification.

Top Bottom