• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Okay so I was poking around on SIG's website. I haven't checked it in about 4 or 5 months and saw that they added a new product page. The new product is called the ACP. I'm not sure what to think about with this. What do you guys think? I like SIG but it seems like now they're just trying to put stuff together just to have another product out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9IZ_6qm56o

Another case for this would be the new 1911 they have out. It's called the Spartan.

1911 Spartan

I'm not sure if I should take them serious or not. These are a far cry from what SIG used to be known for.

Link should be okay now.

Last edited:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Just another example of what happens when a marketing and sales guy ends of running a manufacturing company. Add a little this, sprinkle on a little that, yay, new product to sell to a niche market. Pretty much the same as pink guns and the like, although lately SIG has gone way over the top with the rainbow finish, the polished non-slip flooring look, some of the crazy X-6 color schemes, etc. Other than lacking in taste, the gun is probably fine. Couldn't see the YouTube link though.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    If it wasn't riddled with the Molon Labe branding I think it'd look pretty sharp. It's a unique finish. Gives it almost a steampunk look. Kind of like this;(without all the crazy electrical doodads that generally accompany the steampunk style)

2egh6qs.jpg

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Wow! Who at Sig is letting all this happen? If they keep it up no-one will take them serious. I started having my doubts when I saw the rainbow colored pistols at the last Indy 1500.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Negative, the ACPLE has a folding stock. The ACP comes with just the basic stuff. No sling, no sight, no stock. There are 3 different versions.

With the folding stock, it'd obviously be an SBR, with the foregrip it'd be an AOW. Not sure why anyone would want one of these with no foregrip or stock...wait, why would anyone want one at all? :dunno:

"ATF has long held that by installing a vertical fore grip on a handgun, the handgun is no longer designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand. Therefore, if individuals install a vertical fore grip on a handgun, they are “making” a firearm requiring registration with ATF’s NFA Branch. Making an unregistered “AOW” is punishable by a fine and 10 years’ imprisonment. Additionally, possession of an unregistered “AOW” is also punishable by fine and 10 years’ imprisonment."

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Another case for this would be the new 1911 they have out. It's called the Spartan.

1911 Spartan

I'm not sure if I should take them serious or not. These are a far cry from what SIG used to be known for.

They're getting to be like mossberg these days.

No, I wouldn't take them seriously anymore. A select few guns remain un-tarnished as far as I can tell, but wow have they gotten stupid.

With the folding stock, it'd obviously be an SBR, with the foregrip it'd be an AOW. Not sure why anyone would want one of these with no foregrip or stock...wait, why would anyone want one at all? :dunno:

"ATF has long held that by installing a vertical fore grip on a handgun, the handgun is no longer designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand. Therefore, if individuals install a vertical fore grip on a handgun, they are “making” a firearm requiring registration with ATF’s NFA Branch. Making an unregistered “AOW” is punishable by a fine and 10 years’ imprisonment. Additionally, possession of an unregistered “AOW” is also punishable by fine and 10 years’ imprisonment."

Well it'd only be $205 in tax stamps even though it'd take 2 forums.

Seems silly to me, especially after seeing how bad it roughs up the gun.

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    The ACP doesnt do anything for me that I cant do already.

The one thing it does do well is make it impossible to carry my pistol in a holster.

The Spartan 1911 is pretty stupid looking, but I kinda like the new nightmare model.

The rainbow stuff and diamond plate look just suck imho. But thats the best thing about a free market. They are free to make it and we are free to not buy it.

Personally I love all my Sig pistols and usually tend to ignore some of the silly stuff they make and spend my money on the more traditonal stuff.

I will say I do like the E2 upgrades they made to the P22x series. The SRT trigger is great and the new grips feel awesome. So some things they are doing I dont think are so silly.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Sig is just trying to make money like anyone else out there. The market is so full of gun builders you have to always introduce something new to try and stay a head of the other companies.

Top Bottom