• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm going to start putting night sights on my pistols (XD's & Glocks) and I'd like to know what you all prefer. I want something durable enough that I can trust my life with it for what it's intended to do. I'm not trying to cheap out on these. From what I've seen so far I really like the XS sights and the Trijicon types. I want to be able to see the front sight in absolute darkness so that I can be confident knowing that I'll be able to see it in a dimly lit room or outside in the middle of the night. If any of you have any suggestions I'd really appreciate it.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Ameriglo hands down With one exception, ONLY if you want to depart from the normal 3 dot sights. Hackathorns are my favorite, ghost rings come in second.

For plain jane 3 dot sights, Meprolight all the way. Trijicons are good, but I prefer meps.

Let me give you a bit of theory on nightsights that I tend to agree with though. Target identification is no.1 priority, and nightsights tend to diminish that very important rule. They make the gun a lot easier to find on the nightstand though. Always carry a flash light, weapon mounted or seperate.

Last edited:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I like the Trijicon HD Sights.

Plus, Trijicon donates to the Wounded Warrior Project with each purchase

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have Trijicon's on my Kimbers and a CZ 75 and Siglights on my Sigs. All are excellent and do the job nicely. They are easy to use in daylight and are very visible at night. I have not tried Meprolights, but hear they are quite good as well.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Meprolights for all my Glocks
    IMG_4211.JPG

002.JPG

032.JPG

IMG_4207.JPG

IMG_4214.JPG

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Fo you guys like to have both illuminated front and rear or just the front sight? I think having both would be the ticket, but I have zero experience to base that assumption on.

spartan300

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    I've found the trijicon yellow rear and green up front
    to be the best. Target aquistion is the best due to the
    different colors. The yellow has the same life span as
    the green so no difference there. Also trijicon's are more
    crisp then meprolights....not as fuzzy. If you like or are
    used to three dot, you won't regret this combo!

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    I have always preferred the Trijicon for night sights but as my eyes have gotten older I have more trouble picking up the front sight in bright light. Recently I picked up a set of TruGlo TFO sights and they are fantastic. They have the tritium for the night and fiber optic for the day. Since the tritium has to shine through the fiber optic tube I didn't think they would be as bright as my Trijicons but they were.

I carry this gun daily and it has over 500 rounds though it with these sights and so far I'm sold on them.

94597376.jpg

Top Bottom