• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ebux

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    I got a new ruger LCP today. Something I've wanted for summer carry in shorts. Got a couple hundred rounds of Remington hollow points to go try it out tomorrow. Was wondering what you guys are using for self defense ammo ?

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    I just picked one up this week too!

Here's mine!
    Added the Laserlyte laser, its nice and it helps with the minimal sights on the LCP. Have mine loaded up with Critical Defense...
    The Promag 10rnd mags are just for fun, but they function great!
    Its definitely not a range gun...it bites! But for a light throw in the pocket summer gun it fits the bill.

I also threw on some Pearce finger ext. to help with the grip!
    The holster, just a simple Uncle Mikes nylon pocket holster...for the price it serves its purpose!

Enjoy and stay safe!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I got a new ruger LCP today. Something I've wanted for summer carry in shorts. Got a couple hundred rounds of Remington hollow points to go try it out tomorrow. Was wondering what you guys are using for self defense ammo ?

I have Hornady Critical Defense in mine for EDC. I also like Remington Golden Sabre, as well.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I'd recommend shooting FMJs first to break it in. Ruger doesn't specify a break-in period, but if you run into problems, you want to be sure that it isn't the ammo causing your problems. Besides, it is costs so much less...

Also, be sure to do a basic disassembly and cleaning before you shoot for the first time. There was a recent LCP blow up that *may* have been caused by something in the barrel.

Last edited:

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    I actually took mine to the range without cleaning it to see what it would do, initially when I pulled the trigger, the trigger would not reset, it was pretty much all the way back in the trigger guard, an easy flick of the finger and it released. Happened several times....

So I quickly disassembled it, used a Remington Wipe I had in my bag and the problem disappeared...no more issues, no FTF's...it shot great!

Ebux

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Thanks for the advice. I always take apart a new gun prior to use. Mainly just because I like to take stuff apart just so I know how. I've had my 8 year old reassemble my glock he thinks that's pretty neat.

Ebux

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Wow I just read the thread about the blown up LCP. That looked scarry good thing no one got hurt.

redryder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Evansville IN
    LCP's are pretty slick little guns, my wife and I both carry them. I put 13lb springs in ours it seems to help the recoil snap a little bit. There is even a LCP web site, elsiepeaforum.com. :ar15:

josh5606`

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    I love Golden Sabers. I do carry critical defense too but the GS come with 25 in a box instead of 20 and that just a sweet bonus to me.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    If you carry it regularly, clean it at least once a month. Even better, put a few rounds though it and then clean it. In a pocket holster, it will pick up a lot of lint, and it can get balky if not maintained regularly.

Ebux

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Ok. I got out to shoot it today. Put about 100 rounds of rem hollow points through. No problems. Took a bit to get used to the lack of something to grip but after a couple mags I settled into it. This little gun is great. Shot a buddies tiny .22 mag revolver and it's much harder to control than the LCP. I would definitely recommend to anyone wanting something easy to carry in a pocket.

Ebux

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    It's a little long but I think that's because it's DA only. I wasn't having any trouble hitting bottles from 7- 15 yards. I thought it would take awhile to get used to but it wasn't.

Top Bottom