My new Glock 26 (Gen3) should arrive Tuesday...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    and I am going to need magazine extensions for it. I will want 3 fingers on the grip. The last time I bought a pistol I debated between the G19 and G26, and someone suggested to get the 19 now and the 26 later so that's what I'm doing :yesway: I did a thread search on this and couldn't find any comparisons. I know The main 2 choices would be Pearce or Glock factory extensions, but which are the best? Also, there are +0, +1, +2 options, and the +2 sounds attractive to give the gun 13 round capacity, but I've heard of possible feeding issues due to changing the spring geometry slightly inside the magazine. So, what have you used, what do you like, and what do you trust for EDC? Thanks in advance :ingo:

Rip007

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    I have a 26 with the Pearce +2. I have put about 1000 rounds through it without feed issues.

weaverml34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    My suggestion is to buy Glock 19 magazines and get the spacers that slide over the magazine to fill the gap. I have some for Glock 17 mags that I run in my Glock 19. I've used the Pierce extensions and didn't have any problems with them but like you had heard enough about feeding issues and the extensions falling off that I took them off of my mags. I would also caution against using the set screw to tighten the spacer onto the magazine. If you over tighten it, it could lead to issues as well.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    Try giving it a whirl without magazine extensions, first. It surprised me, but I shoot a 26 more accurately when I'm not putting any extra pinky pressure on the grip.

When using extended mags, I'm much less accurate. What that method gives up in concealibility is of concern, also.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    Try giving it a whirl without magazine extensions, first. It surprised me, but I shoot a 26 more accurately when I'm not putting any extra pinky pressure on the grip.

When using extended mags, I'm much less accurate. What that method gives up in concealibility is of concern, also.

My suggestion is to buy Glock 19 magazines and get the spacers that slide over the magazine to fill the gap. I have some for Glock 17 mags that I run in my Glock 19. I've used the Pierce extensions and didn't have any problems with them but like you had heard enough about feeding issues and the extensions falling off that I took them off of my mags. I would also caution against using the set screw to tighten the spacer onto the magazine. If you over tighten it, it could lead to issues as well.

I agree with these. The whole point of the 26 vs your 19 is that it's smaller and easier to conceal. Don't immediately turn it into a 19 in the only dimension that matters for concealed carry. Shoot it as it comes for a while and see how you do.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I'm definitely going to shoot it without extensions, but I'm only giving it a 10% chance that I will like it! I already have a G19 so the mag/sleeve combination is something I have already thought about, too. I'm not as concerned with the concealability of the 26 vs the 19, as I wear loose fitting dress dress shirts to work and the 19 doesn't print. I'm thinking more about saving a little bit of weight with carrying the 26 every day.

Rip007

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    When I carried my 26 ( wife has since claimed it) I carried it with the Pearce +2 and with a model 19 mag as a backup.

DarkEyes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Danville
    I have a 26 and do not use any extensions. I like the way it feels in my hand and have never had any problems with it. Be a bit more open minded to using it with out. ;)

Top Bottom