• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    So Saturday I picked up a GSG-5PK and two 22rd mags at the local shop. It was a partial impulse buy, but I needed another host for when my TAC 65 shows up. I took it outside this morning and put 10 rounds through it. It was cold and the sights were off. So I took it back to the dealer and ran 200 rounds of CCI Mini-mags through it in the indoor range. It shoots to the left about 2 inches at 15 yards. I attempted to adjust the rear sight but I didnt have much luck moving shot placement over. I don't think shooting in the dimmer light against a black target and using black sights helped to much either.

I am going to look for a Aimpoint clone to mount on it and should be good to go. I wasn't sure if I was going to like this or not when I bought it but do like it after shooting it. If it suppress'es nicely I may have to dump another $200 into to put a stock on it.

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    I have a red dot on my gsg rifle, and was definately a major improvement to the stock sights. I don't recall every having a real problem with them shooting left or right, however, that little red dot does wonders.
    What's your first impressions on the quality of the new PK?
    I love my rifle, and have been eyeballing the pistol version.

On a side note, don't forget about loc-tighting the bolt screws. Aftershooting 1500+ rounds ( about 3 Federal Bricks) I started having FTE's and this helped bring the rifle back to 100%.

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    My first impression in the store was I am not going to like it but I will see how the TAC65 works on it. After shooting it though I really like it. I plan to only shoot CCI Mini-Mags to help keep it a bit cleaner. Looks to be a pain to clean compared to a 22lr AR. From what I have read about the GSG the PK has all the updates from the factory so that is good. A front grip is supposed to be in the works to make the PK a MP5k PDW clone.

I am still looking for a decent Aimpoint clone $75 or less hopefully.

Top Bottom