• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SWAMPMASTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Logantucky
    I didnt notice much difference,thus I kep my 21 and got rid of the 21sf mainly becasue I have several mags to fit the 21 and not buying a bunch more to fit the SF

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Yeah, so I stopped really caring about Glocks a while ago, but I'll bite. I keep seeing These new letter classifications mentioned. First of all, I feel all of you must be lieing, because there is no way Glock has released a new product of any kind. Next you're gonna tell me the website has been updated.

So... I'm going to assume that the SF stands for San Francisco. Or Super Fatty. Or maybe Superior Firearm. Slightly Fantastic? Sloppy Failure?

Anybody wanna fill me in?

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    SF is the designation for Short Frame. It's a little shaving of the backstrap hump only available currently is the 21SF and 30SF.

If you're freaking abotu the SFs which have been out a while, you'll go nuts over the new slide striations and stippling on the Gen 4s!!!!!! lol

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    If you're freaking abotu the SFs which have been out a while, you'll go nuts over the new slide striations and stippling on the Gen 4s!!!!!! lol

I feel tingly all over. :):

I saw pictures of it on GT the other day, I think. It's like a regular Glock, only uglier! I should be in charge of Gaston's Ad Campaigns. :D:D

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    If I was 21, I wouldn't hesitate to get one from SummitGunBroker. There is certainly a difference, and you can tell it's different.

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    The 21SF has been available since about July or August of 2007 so it is no longer a new release. Likewise, the 30SF has been available since the Spring of 2008 and is really not considered new either. I've had a 21SF since October 2007 and a 30SF since about April 2008.

There are three variations of the G21Sf as follows:
    1. Picatinny rail with mag release
    2. Glock rail with mag release
    3. Glock rail with standard Glock mag release

The variations with the ambi mag releases will not accept the "old style" magazines but the G21SF with the standard mag release does accept the old style mags. New magazines work in SF models and in non-SF models.

I switched from a G21 and G30 to the G21SF and G30SF and for my hand size, the shorter (front to back) grip makes a huge difference. The SF versions will fit more people's hands better than the original 21 and 30. Note that the original 21 and 30 are still available.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    In other words, the trigger reach is shorter; much more like a G17 in that regard (although the width is still there). I like them (!) even though I have no problem with the standard G21.

Top Bottom