• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mozart3100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Muncie, Indiana
    I find myself in a difficult situation in that I have an an opportunity to purchase two guns I'd dearly love to have. Unfortunately I can only afford one of them. One is a slightly used s&w Model 908 semi auto. The other is a
    WWII CYQ P38 manufactured by Spreewerke sometime between 1943 and 1945. Both guns are reasonably priced: so that is not really a consideration. Being relatively new to guns I need some advice from someone with more experience. Both fire the Luger 9mm. Either one would be used at a range for practice and perhaps for ccw. Which would YOU choose? I understand the P38 is a good shooter.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    which one is harder to come by? If one is hard to find, and one is easy to find, then that would make my decision.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    One is a slightly used s&w Model 908

The other is a WWII CYQ P38

Either one would be used at a range for practice and perhaps for ccw. Which would YOU choose?

S&W 908 every day of the week and twice on Sunday. A cyq P38 is a collector, not a carry piece. The Smith is lighter, flatter, more reliable, has better sights and less perceived recoil. Not to mention mags are way cheaper, and there's all kinds of holster, sight and grip options out there.

kadetklapp

shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    West-Central Indiana
    P-38's sure are pretty. I find them to be unique in that they kinda look modernized from the front of the slide back. Meaning, the pistol, IMO, was ahead of it's time, compared to broom handle guns and the like of that era. My FIL just got one, and I can't keep my hands off it. It even has the nazi eagle on it.

Top Bottom