• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • basswizard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Indy West
    Fell in lust with the PM9 and recently purchased one. The trigger goes on forever compared to Glocks or Kimbers I've had the pleasure of firing. I squeeze and pull and then squeeze and pull some more. Then usually twitch, jump, push and pull and finally, bang. Is this typical of Kahrs? Should some sort of trigger job be in order? I bought it for a pocket gun/ CCW and maybe the length of trigger pull is a good thing. Some sort of added safety. Hoping for some advice on the nuances of this little guy and triggers in general.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Fell in lust with the PM9 and recently purchased one. The trigger goes on forever compared to Glocks or Kimbers I've had the pleasure of firing. I squeeze and pull and then squeeze and pull some more. Then usually twitch, jump, push and pull and finally, bang. Is this typical of Kahrs? Should some sort of trigger job be in order? I bought it for a pocket gun/ CCW and maybe the length of trigger pull is a good thing. Some sort of added safety. Hoping for some advice on the nuances of this little guy and triggers in general.

JMO, the trigger pull on your PM9 should be smooth, it is a little long compared to a Glock (all praise) but with practice you won't even think about it. You may have a burr that needs to be worked out. Dry firing may smooth it out or if it's really bad you may want to sent it back to Kahr. Also the PM9 is a oil whore, if you think it's oiled enough add more.
    For a pocket holster I carry mine in a DeSantis and also Uncle Mikes has a Sidekick for pocket carry.
    Also clean after shooting and did I say it likes oil?
    :cheers:

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I've owned several Kahrs over the years (K9, MK9, K40, K40 Elite, P9), and have always found the trigger pull to be a very manageable DAO, if a little long and heavy - very much like a revolver. I had the Elite trigger installed in my MK and my wife's K9, and the P9 already came with it. That smoothed and shortened the trigger pull but actually added about 1/2 pound of pull weight (the benefits outweigh the negatives). If you want some more serious work done, Cylinder & Slide can work miracles on Kahrs. I've got a Colt Pony Pocketlite DAO done by them and love it.

HTH!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Also:

The triggers on Kahrs are like they are because there isn't an external safety....

I had a CW-40 that I carried daily for just under 2 years...and that pistol was QUITE accurate. Brutal with full house defensive loads, but easy to shoot.

The triggers just need some getting used to, that's all. Long, yes. Smooth...yes. And because they're smooth, they feel lighter than they actually are.

Just practice with it and you'll be fine.

-J-

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    All Kahrs made in last three years or so have the so-called Elite trigger installed. It is now the only factory trigger.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    All Kahrs made in last three years or so have the so-called Elite trigger installed. It is now the only factory trigger.

The CW Series (CW9, CW40, CW45) and the NYPD spec K9s (K9093C/CN) still have the original non-Elite trigger mechanism (and the CW guns cannot be retrofitted with it, AFAIK).

Sounds like the OP's PM9 should've had the Elite trigger already installed; if the pull is really as bad as he says (and it's not just operator perception), something's not right.

basswizard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Indy West
    I appreciate the feedback.

There is no question about how smooth the trigger is. And given a 3" barrel it is an accurate little sucker. I've got about 400 rounds through it so far. I suppose the long part is what gets me. Especially after letting it rest while the Glock fills in the down time at the range. I get all jittery during that long part.

No doubt more time at the range will help cement in my mind what to expect out of the gun in hands and calm the jittery flinching down.

Top Bottom