• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northside Indpls
    Anyone other than myself think that the Walther P99 9mm or .40 belongs in every handgun fanatics safe? I've shot and owned many a full size handgun (glock, berreta,1911's,HK) and still think my P99AS .40 was the best gun purchase I've ever made.:draw: The ergos alone is enough to put it on top, not to mention the reliability and looks.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Indeed!!

One of the most underrated firearms on the planet, in my opinion.

I currently own a black/black 1st Gen P99 in 9mm...one of the first pistols I bought, actually.

I USED to own a black/OD 1st Gen P99 in .40. Heck of an accurate pistol! I sold it, though, partly for rent money and partly because I was moving away from .40 S&W as a platform.

Both of these pistols are "AS"...but before it was officially designated as such.

Love the P99s!!!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I really love the grip on the P22 and the P99. I wish they were all as comfortable to shoot as those two.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've got one (.40) and it's been a love/hate relationship. The trigger was horrid after the 1st few boxes. So bad that I made Albro's send it back. When I got it back it was a little better. I decided to do a ~1000 dry fires and it's now very very smooth.

The grip is great. It have very nice features. It's very accurate. It's sexy looking.

The only thing I don't like about it now is it hurts my hand to shoot +P ammo. It won't feed Corbon Powe-R-Ball either. It eats everything else just fine.

I'm sticking with my Steyr M-40 as my CCW.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    When the question was asked about the one handgun I would want my answer was the P99 in .40 S&W. I have a first generation that my wife bought me for Christmas back in 2000. (two tone silver on black, sexy) Accuracy for a fighting gun is superb. Maybe the new XD will up the bar, but for now at least in my mind the P99 is the best striker fired pistol on the market. Sorry glock guys. Ergonomics are excellent, safety is excellent, reliability just does not get any better. I have heard many complaints about the trigger. I will admit the reset is slow during the double taps and sometimes my finger gets pinched. Mainly I think the complaints come from the fact that people who don't shoot this gun much just are not used to it.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I have always wanted a P99... It came down to the P99 or a Sig P226 and the 226 won, but maybe someday.

I have never shot a P99, but the AS trigger I played with at the store was pretty cool.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    b-266411-walter.jpg

My experience with them was not all that good. I had a 40cal P99 (classic? or gen 1??) what ever they are called and it had a bad habbit of FTF and FTE.. Even after I got a new mag with the upgraded follower. I liked the look and the feel but it wouldnt shoot reliably so it had to go. I ended up trading it in on a new G22 and never looked back.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The only P99 I'd consider would be one with the QA trigger. A buddy of mine has one of the standard models with the DA/SA trigger, and it is horrid - neither of us can shoot it worth a crap. He shoots a PPK and a S&W 39, and I'm a Glock nut, so it's not like we're spoiled on crisp 3-lb. single-actions. ;)

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The only P99 I'd consider would be one with the QA trigger. A buddy of mine has one of the standard models with the DA/SA trigger, and it is horrid - neither of us can shoot it worth a crap. He shoots a PPK and a S&W 39, and I'm a Glock nut, so it's not like we're spoiled on crisp 3-lb. single-actions. ;)

Just keep the striker cocked and then bring the trigger back to it's "stress stop" and you're good to go!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Some strategically located oil and a couple thousand dry fires will smooth it right up.

Top Bottom