Need suggestions for Desert Eagle refinish...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    OK guys, I'm looking for ideas/suggestions on refinishing my Desert Eagle. The original black finish was looking prematurely worn (if you've ever handled a DE in black, you'll know what I mean) so I decided to give it a new paint job.

Originally, when I dropped it off at my local refinisher (Hoosier Gun Coat Home Page ...gotta check them out if you need any refinishing done..:yesway:, they are awesome) I was going to get it redone in a satin silver/chrome. Something like this..

deserteagle_Silver.jpg

After giving it some thought, I said why not get it redone in a little more bold or unique finish. It's basically a novelty, so why not do something a bit different.

I came up with the some ideas below, but am not really happy with any. I'd like to hear suggestions or comments on how to refinish this unique pistol.

P.S. for those that like their pistols either black or silver, that's cool, but please keep any snide, unproductive comments to yourself. I realize this isn't for everyone.

DE2.jpg

DE3.jpg

DE1.jpg

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Not to be a jerk, but the designs sort of look like the gun has veins or cysts. I am a minimalist, there are SO many good finishes out there that would look great on a DE. Hell, I think a beautiful looking Desert Eagle would be no frills, nice wood grips and maybe a "plumed" color on the barrel and slide/bolt would be a silver/mag color. HOTNESS! :D

Dont do flames. Thats weird. The gun deserves better. You deserve better! :)

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Guess I should provide a bit of background regarding my taste..

I like custom cars, street rods, imports, muscle cars what ever. In this arena owners often put very unique paint jobs (flames, bold colors, tribal, airbrush, etc.) to make their cars stand out.

I'm basically setting out to make a 'custom' DE. For no other reason, than just to be different.

Top Bottom