• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I might be getting a Ruger Charger soon and it looks like the potential for modifications is infinite. Have any of you had one or tried different mods on this gun? How does it work and did you like it? Thanks in advance. :yesway:

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I had one and the only thing I did was install a bolt buffer (which I do on any 10/22 before I shoot it) and a 2-7x scope. I was able to hit a 5" steel plate at 150 yrds with it. Definitely a lot of fun to shoot. I may have to get another sometime.

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    I bought a new one three weeks ago. Sofar have added a 4x16 scope and a Trimag for holding three standard mags together. I don't know that I will do much more to it. This thing is a blast to plink with, and I might add that my 8yr. old grandson can shoot lights out at 50yds with this thing.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Stock mod

If you keep the factory stock, I always drill the bottom of the handgrip and install a sling swivel stud. I can rake it across the bench and when it needs replaced it might cost me .50. Replacing the stock is a lot more exspensive

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    If you keep the factory stock, I always drill the bottom of the handgrip and install a sling swivel stud. I can rake it across the bench and when it needs replaced it might cost me .50. Replacing the stock is a lot more exspensive

Pure Genius

I no longer have mine, but had a Tactical Solutions threaded barrel for an outback II, super fun times.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Good ideas guys. I bought a Ruger BX 25 mag today at KS&E for 25 bucks. My Charger is coming with a bipod and cheap scope but I think I'll take the TC 2-7x scope off my Ruger MKII 10" and put it on the Charger. Should be able to hit the 100yd steel at MCF&G pretty easy, I hope.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Does this count? Believe it or not, it was in fact born at Ruger as a Charger...even still says so on the side. :-)

DSC_3980.jpg

DSC_3982.jpg

DSC_3981.jpg

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County

I did this on mine as well, with great results.

Does this count? Believe it or not, it was in fact born at Ruger as a Charger...even still says so on the side. :-)

DSC_3980.jpg

DSC_3982.jpg

DSC_3981.jpg

You get all the cool toys :rockwoot:
    I had the barrel threaded on mine for my suppressor, added a bolt buffer, timney trigger, and Eotech. Surprisingly, it was a nail driver taking the short barrel into consideration.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon

DSC_3980.jpg

DSC_3982.jpg

DSC_3981.jpg

Sooooo wouldn't this be a SBR? The rules are so ridiculous. For example you can have an AR pistol with no problem but to have an SBR AR you need to have a stamp. You can't put a short bbl on a rifle but you can have a pistol made with the same action. You can't put a stock on a pistol but can have a rifle just like it. :dunno: Anyways it looks cool Cory! My Charger says 10/22 on the side, is that the way it's supposed to be?

Last edited:

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Yes, it was registered by TM as a SBR. The barrel on this gun is the Thompson Machine Operative-S which is a integrally suppressed .22LR drop in barrel made for both SBR's and Chargers. It is stupid quiet and comes apart for cleaning. It also is ported to keep bulk pack ammo subsonic.

Last edited:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Slightly modified

This one is converted to .17 HM2. 12" Shaw barrel. Burris 3-9 rifle scope. Normal trigger group mods. VQ hammer. Recoil buffer. Auto bolt release. Extended magazine release. Extra strength hammer and bolt springs. Heavy bolt handle. I was amazed how well it shot as a .22lr but I already had the barrel ordered so..................

Charger.jpg

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Yes, it was registered by TM as a SBR. The barrel on this gun is the Thompson Machine Operative-S which is a integrally suppressed .22LR drop in barrel made for both SBR's and Chargers. It is stupid quiet and comes apart for cleaning. It also is ported to keep bulk pack ammo subsonic.

That is AWESOME! :rockwoot:Very cool Charger. I bet it is fun to shoot.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I noticed the the scope base must be a strange size. I've tried several sets of rings on it and most don't seem to tighten up very well. Out of 6 sets tried only 2 fit tightly. I'll post some pics up soon.

Top Bottom