• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    i heard this in a conversation today,the guy said A COLT IS A GUN YOU SHOW TO YOUR FRIENDS,A GLOCK IS THE GUN YOU SHOW YOUR ENEMIES.i have owned both and think they are both excellent guns,what is your take on the best personal defense weapon

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I don't think anyone can dispute this. The best personal defense weapon there is in the world is the one in your hand when you are under attack. If you believe that, you will survive. If you doubt the weapon in your hand, you may just fail.

I have a Colt Defender and I have shown it to my friends. I also have a XD45C and I have shown it to my friends also. I don't own a Glock so I don't have enemies to show one.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Yeah I've still got one of those shirts from Pops.

Since I carry a Glock, I guess I have to show it to my friends AND my enemies. Oh well. . .

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I guess I will go with whatever the best weapon is that I have at hand. That might be a J-Frame, Glock, AK, or bloodied brick. I do agree that the brick need not be a brand name, it just can't crumble under the repeated blows.

Seriously, what I carry is determined solely by how discreet I need to be and how much I can carry under that limitation. I would carry my 23 all day long, but work requires something more discreet when dealing with customers.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Man I bet your customers would freak out if you accidentally brandished a bloody brick!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I do know that 2 of the scariest sounds I have ever heard where the sound of an old pump shotgun being brought into battery, and the sound of the slide dropping on an old wore out GI.45. Got my attention like no other sounds.

Top Bottom