• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    So I keep reading how most people don't like the standard trigger in the M & P but the Shield trigger is great. Any idea if Smith and Wesson plan to make the trigger in the M & P become the same as the Shield?

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I don't know about "the same" necessarily, but a couple reviews from people who have spoken directly with S&W while testing the Shield indicated that they planned to have the tactile reset make it's way into the M&P line.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    IMO, the trigger on a stock M&P is better than a stock trigger on a Shield. however, I've only dry-fired a shield.

the weight on the shield is quite heavy. It does seem a little "cleaner".

I'd rather have a M&P + Apex sear.

This company is already doing trigger jobs on Shields for $40: http://www.ateiguns.com/

-J-

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    brownells has a trigger upgrade for sale for less than $100 if I end up keeping my m&p im definately gonna buy one

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    The trigger on all M&P's are aweful... are you guys kidding me? I would never own one of these and keep the standard trigger. I have a 5" M&P Pro 9 and that sucked as well... Of the three M&P's (9 Pro, full 9, and full 45) I own, none have a factory trigger... all have been upgraded to APEX! The Shield I have shot was just as bad. Who cares what Smith does... just go upgrade everytime. Best mod you can do to that gun and it will not break your bank!

Top Bottom