• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    It's the only revolver, ever (as far as I know) that would snug the cylinder up to the barrel to fire, significantly reducing the lost pressure from the gap. The ammunition is funky looking and not entirely common, but there are safe alternatives in .32, also probably not too common, plus reloading.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Have one. Ammo is EXPENSIVE and difficult to reload properly. I got it out of curiosity
    Not utility...if you just need a conversation piece go ahead..

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    You can buy a 32 ACP cylinder for it

Saw a gunsmith artical on this some guns need fitting some don't.
    I can tell you if the bullet is not next to the cylinder it will affect accuracy.
    Seems like a lot of $ for an inaccurate .32.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    The proper ammo for this has the bullet set back just a Tad and the case mouth slightly flared
    To create the gas seal. Any other set up and you lose the gas seal velocity and accuracy.
    This makes reloading difficult. Unless the old Soviets come up with some cheap surplus
    It will never be cheap to shoot.

nightsite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2009
    Warsaw
    yea for the price of the gun i was wondering how hard it would be to find ammo for it. dont know if i have ran across that caliber before.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    Great gun, they shoot well. If you know where to look or do your homework ammo isn't hard. There is even a guy that sells it at Muncie and other shows around.
    Neat gun, easy to tear down too. Long hard trigger though, but its not like you are going to put 500 rounds down range with it either.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    That's the cheapest that I have seen them in a few months. They used to be $75 from J&G. I say get a pair of them and see which one works best and keep that one and sell the other.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    J&G sales has the ammo for sale rather cheaply. I bought one for the hell of it and its fun. not very accurate. and the surplus ones to be oiled up they are all dried out usually. you can shoot 32 out of them but be careful of the pressures. the casings will expand, crack and be a pain to get out. If you get one get the ammo now as its usually about .50 a round

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    That's a bargain; usually $30 + a box of 50 . I can't believe they don't have ware-
    houses full of spam cans of it...somewhere in the old soviet empire.
    Some were converted to 7.62x25 but safety would warn against that!!!

nightsite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2009
    Warsaw
    actually found one in town with holder and other tools and cleaning stuff. actually did buy 2 and will sell the one that shoots worse. for buying 2 and ammo i got the guns for 70 a pc will update on shooting

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    I have two of them -- one Tula, and one Izhevsk.

Both are pretty damn accurate (as long as you don't try to shoot DA), but the Izzy is the better of the two.

Very cool, old weapons, and a must-have if you have a MN 91/30 or other classic Russkie firearm.

bman1903

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    AIM also has the ammo starts out around $.34/round, ammo might be starting to come in, I've had a nagant pistol for around 5-6 yrs, and have only recently seen ammo in any decent quantity.

Top Bottom