• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveg26

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    I'm thinking of buying one of these in 9mm. witch one do you think is the better gun. I'm not worried about price.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I really love my Sig P-290, but I also plan on buying a Shield when they become more readily availably!! But my Sig cost me $405.00 delivered with the holster case and two mags with the laser! of of Auction Arms!

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Take a look at this video: [ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R__qknnpsTI[/ame]

The P290 appears to be heavy and thick. I had a Shield 9mm and now have a Shield .40 cal. The P290 reminds me of the PX4 and Nano. I was originally interested in these until I held them and saw their size. I'm wearing the Shield now in a belly band in the house and I can barely feel it. The Shield is only 1"wide and light weight. Go to YouTube and look at gun reviews.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I've shot the Shield, didn't float my boat a whole lot.

Only fondled the 290 (but I've done it a lot). The 290 definitely is beefier and heavier, but it feels better in my hand. Bout the only thing about the 290 is that the trigger has to be ALL THE WAY back, which if you have long fingers I could see being a problem.

Overall though, 290.

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    I hated the trigger on the sig 290 (too long)..... i ended up finding a sig 938 and love it!!! u have to pay more, but it is worth it. this gun is amazing.

Jim McKalip

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    I didn't like the trigger on the original Sig 290, but the 290RS trigger is much improved. I carry one very often. It's not really a pocket carry, though.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Haven't tried that model Sig but I can say I LOVE my M&P Shield. Shoots great, so easy to carry, very good price point. What more could you want? My primary carry is still my Glock 19 but this gun is great for those times where I want something a little smaller.

GlockWielder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Check out the Kahr CW9

The Shield is a sweet pistol. I think it will keep gaining interest on the CCW market because it's a compact pistol in an adequate caliber made by a reputable company. I don't know much about the Sig so I can't really comment. Be sure to check out the Kahr CW9 before you buy. It is an awesome concealed carry handgun at a sweet price!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom