• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I have always wanted one of these and found one today at a price I could not pass up at the 1500.

Here are some first impressions. This gun is built like a tank. It is very hard to rack the slide without either getting bit by the slide trying to avoid the safety or just take the punishment of scraping your thumb or fingers against the safety. The other thing is that this feature makes it hard to field strip.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have always wanted one of these and found one today at a price I could not pass up at the 1500.

Here are some first impressions. This gun is built like a tank. It is very hard to rack the slide without either getting bit by the slide trying to avoid the safety or just take the punishment of scraping your thumb or fingers against the safety. The other thing is that this feature makes it hard to field strip.

I've got both an 85FS and an 84BB. Both are quite easy to rack if they're properly cleaned and lubricated and you thumb-cock the hammer first. Great guns!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I'm sure I saw the one that you bought, it was a good deal if it was the same one. I've owned numerous 85's and 84's over the years. They are big for a .380 nowadays but are great feeling guns. Don't recall having an issue chambering a round or racking the slide and being bothered by the safety, they are stiffly sprung i'll give you that.

peace

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    KAGNEW. The advice to thumb-cock the hammer on the Beretta 85 Cheetah is very helpful for chambering the load. Before I had difficulting pulling the slide back. The slide is still pretty stiff to pull. I have disassemble the weapon and it appears to be clean. Any advice about lubicating this handgun? Thank you.

Klanham5576

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    NE Indiana
    I currently own a combination of 5 Cheetahs and for those who commented on racking the slide being hard, don't pull back on the slide. Grasp the slide with your off hand in close to your body and firmly hold it in place, then PUSH forward with the frame hand. This method puts the entire force of your shoulder behind the effort rather than just your forearm...leverage is our friend

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I think my Cheetahs have more recoil than my 92s, which surprised me at first. Figured a 380 vs 9. Didn't take into account how the design would affect it.

Of course I like them still :)

Never been able to find a 92 compact used to buy and compare to my 92nd or Cheetahs.

Still seeking the elusive 86 cheetah and one in .32 acp

Top Bottom