It's a holiday weekend. What's your carry rig?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Compuvette

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I know I've got a cookout today and one tomorrow. Here's my rig for today:

2012-09-02095703.jpg

Colt "Wiley Clapp" lightweight commander with Sambar stag grips. Tigershark leather by DM Bullard.

What you folks wearing this weekend?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Nothing that fancy, very nice. I went out yesterday to do some errands. I decided to strap on my CZ 97B in its awesome El Paso Saddlery belt holster. I had a button down shirt on over it and proceeded to take care of everything. Once I got home I was walking by the mirror and realized that the shirt was so soft that it had basically draped itself around the gun. Talk about printing. Oh well, so much for concealed carry.

Compuvette

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Nothing that fancy, very nice. I went out yesterday to do some errands. I decided to strap on my CZ 97B in its awesome El Paso Saddlery belt holster. I had a button down shirt on over it and proceeded to take care of everything. Once I got home I was walking by the mirror and realized that the shirt was so soft that it had basically draped itself around the gun. Talk about printing. Oh well, so much for concealed carry.

Thanks!

Sounds like a nice rig. El Paso makes some nice leather. I've also kinda lusted after a CZ. I've had about everything else, just haven't ever picked one up.

Compuvette

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Nice setups 357! Who made that 1911 holster? I'm also a big wheel gun prostitute. 1911's and nice wheel guns is an expensive addiction.

I'm also between Fort Wayne and South Bend....

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    Glock 26 with a Crimson Trace Laser in a pocket holster. Great gun, and with the pants I generally wear it never prints.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Same as just about every day... P64 in a small nylon IWB holster I got at Indy Trading Post. Don't remember the brand but I think it might be Tagua... :dunno:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Funny you mentioned carrying a full size Ford, for some reason, I just carried my full size 2nd gen G-22 in .40 all weekend. In shorts and a T covering it, strong side Fobus no less. In and out of the car, bottom snout sticking out, but I didnt care. Usualy it would have been the G-27 in a front pocket. I should just carry the mid size G-23, and put the other two in the safe. Did you carry a spare mag with your G-17? I realize i dint carry a spare G-22 mag this weekend on me, two close at hand in the car, but no good if needed there, but if I have the G-27 on me, I always have a spare.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Love my little P64 but have never been able to find a pocket holster for it.
    This holster is actually made for one of the little Glocks I think (36?), but it does a good job IWB. The only time I've pocket carried the P64 was in a suit jacket in the inside breast pocket (no holster).

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I had a P64 for awhile. I ankle carried it, normally, because that was the only way that I could conceal it at my old job.

Here is my rig for this weekend. Rock Island Tactical, 2011 model, in .45 ACP. Custom leather by DaKruiser.
    2012-09-02211912.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm carrying a full size Sig Scorpion in a Kramer Scabbard holster. It's big but still carries well.

IMAG1285.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom