• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    As most of you know my wife chose a Walther PPS for her EDC. We got it to the range today to see it in action. She ran 100 WWB and 50 Speer Lawman through it without a hiccup. I ran a few through it and man do I like the trigger. It seems to be a very accurate gun. We didn't have much time so no pictures this time but maybe next time.

xtremegunnr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    For being small, those are some of the more accurate and fun to shoot pocket pistols around. I have shot a few plate matches with one and it was not "GREAT" compared to guys shooting comp glock 34's or the like but i held my own. I think you are going to be stealing that from your wife soon.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Glad to hear the good report.
    I put an Insight X2 laser/light on mine and so far it has been a very good match.
    Hope she likes it and it is a comfort for her.

Spucky138

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    My wife owns a pps and she is a dead shot with it. (She better be.... She stole it from me! :xmad: ). Really nice gun though. I like its slim profile and really nice trigger.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    The PPS is going to conceal easier than a G19. I have a Shield which is almost identical in size to the PPS and I carry it when I wear things like T-shirts where my G19, which is my primary carry, would normally print. There is a noticeable difference. Also, your going to notice the difference in weight as well.

I like having double and single stack carry options.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Don't disagree at all. My issue is on size vs firepower. Other 9mms with similar capacity to the pps are substantially smaller. Kahr pm/cm, keltec pf-9, ruger lc9. So I've gone back and forth. If the addl size isn't for increased capacity, then what is it for? My opinion is comfort when shooting. But when I look at how much I shoot my edc vs my range guns, that just isn't enough. Sure do like the PPS in the hand though.

For me it comes down to method of carry. Some people pocket carry PM9's, I personally wouldn't pocket carry anything bigger than a Ruger LCP. Partly for this reason the Shield replaced my beloved PM9 as my single stack IWB carry option, because it was only slightly bigger but I found I could shoot it as well as a FS pistol. What I'm saying is that unless you are planning on pocket carry, don't worry that there are other options smaller than the PPS if that is what you like. Rest assured the PPS is going to be easier to carry than you G19 which makes it a good compliment for belt carry when dress doesn't afford the carry of something bigger.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    See your point. Now to find one without the MA trigger

You'll like having a PPS sized gun for carry. :yesway:

For me, if I'm wearing a sweatshirt, button up shirt, or basically anything but a t-shirt my Glock 19 goes with me, but when I'm wearing a T-shirt or business casual with a tucked in shirt, that is where my Shield really shines as the lower profile and weight make it much easier to carry in these situations.

My last resort if all these fail which is VERY rare, is to just carry my LCP in either my pocket or on my ankle. Sometimes I carry my LCP on my ankle anyway as a backup.

I'm now wondering if my PPS had the MA trigger and that is why I hated it so much, I didn't even know there was a difference at the time but I detested the trigger on the one I had like no other gun I have ever owned. Very heavy, grity, and that Glock-like trigger safety did not depress flush against the trigger so it would dig into my index finger and hurt after shooting it more than a few times.

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    I'm a big fan of Walther firearms. I've owned quite a few and never had much negative to say. One thing I really enjoy about them, is they seem to the most ergonomic gun for my hand.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I bought the Walther PPQ and it feels so good that I am thinking of switching from my shield to the PPS.

The PPS is a good gun, but don't let your experience with the PPQ lead you to conclude that it has a similar trigger. They're not even close! You may actually like the trigger on your Shield more than you do the PPS. The reset is loooonnnggg.

Top Bottom