• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EastIndyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hello all, I'm new here and pretty much new to guns. I have the opportunity to buy a Beretta92fs 9mm for $400. It's the American made model, very little use (looks new) and comes with case and 2 mags. Most of the used prices I've been seeing are closer to the 5-600$ mark. Does this sound about right? Should I jump on it? Thanks for any input

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    $400.00 bux is a good price for clean used 1.....I like the pre-ban Taurus's better,myself......de-cocker's on'a frame......an' it'll shoot right with'a Beretta.
    (basic'ly IS a Beretta......out of the same machinery/tooling.......)

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Welcome to INGO! And yes, that is a good price. You won't be sorry with a Beretta either. They're a rock solid pistol and will last a long time. I've never had one be picky about ammo either.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Well, I do think the $600 retail price is too high, especially for such an old design that they have long ago streamlined production. So there probably is an instant $100 depreciation after buying at a LGS.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    That's a good price for one. Beretta 92 series pistols don't hold their value very well. Anyone know why?

I too think they hold their value. I love mine. I don't shoot it very often, because it is very special to me. It's the compact version with walnut grips. I bought it new in 1991 and manufactured in 1987. LOVE IT....! Anyone else think she's a beauty?
    picture.php

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Certain Berettas DO hold their value rather well.

The ones that sell for $350-450 are usually old police guns, or the "standard" 92fs with black on black color.

Two tone models, 96 models, G models, and special/limited run models hold their value very well.

I always thought about selling my beretta until I held it and can FEEL the quality....it was smoother than any other gun I had ever fired.

God bless
    -Shred

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    You can get 92's brand new for $540 if you know where to look. So if it's in really nice condition, I'd say $400 is pretty fair.

Seems like usedrices are outrageous for these berettas most of the time with people asking more than what you can get them at buds for.

Hoosier8

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I bought a like new Italian 92fs off of Ingo some time back. $400 is a great price for a nice one. The cheapest I have seen is $350 for a beat up ex police gun.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Welcome to the club! I just picked up my 92A1 the other day and now just need to get to the range and run a few hundred rounds through it.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I too think they hold their value. I love mine. I don't shoot it very often, because it is very special to me. It's the compact version with walnut grips. I bought it new in 1991 and manufactured in 1987. LOVE IT....! Anyone else think she's a beauty?
    picture.php

I think so, I love the compacts with the wood grips, very nice looking pistol. I also for some reason like the M models, the 8 shot single stacks, those fit me really well but they're big.

Top Bottom