• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    First I've heard of this make, but I did just pick up a CZ 75 clone that is of Turkish manufacture, and I have found the materials and workmanship to be quite good.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    These entry level 1911's are a dice roll....some run....some do not. Check out the customer service before getting involved. He may need it.

I just brought another Springer home myself. Was not looking but we all know how that goes.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Well it has been a few weeks since this thread was started. Any INGOer's with first hand experience with one of these 1911's?

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    The guy working for the place selling them sure likes them, that's gotta mean something.....right?

I have read several articles about this company, nice modern factory. A computer can cut out just as good a part in Turkey as anywhere else. A couple good programmers, a couple good QC guys and a warehouse full of idiots and you can build quality parts.

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    I think the consensus regarding 1911's is that you get what you pay for.

Guns, like most things, when it comes to quality relative to price, are subject to the principle of diminishing returns. The farther up the price scale you go the smaller the improvements get per dollar, untill eventually further improvements are so costly no one wants to pay for them.

If I were in the market for an entry level 1911 I don't think I would be afraid of one of these.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    As soon as funds permit, I'm getting one of these Tisas and an ATI FXwhateverfullsizeGI and run them against an older 1911, just to see what's up with them.

Top Bottom