• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    South Bend
    Must meet this criteria:

9mm, good carry weapon(minimum printing), fun at range, reliable, accurate, and overall feel and looks? Who is your winner?

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    After carrying several 9mm weapons in an IWB holster over the past few years, I finally found my personal favorite, a Sig Sauer P239 SAS Gen 2.

It feels a little heavy in the hand but not in the holster. It will shoot holes inside of holes near and far. Virtually ZERO felt recoil and I carry +P rounds. 8 + 1 and 2 spare mags that I can change fast, so there is no debate on rounds available. VERY confident in this gun!

LOVE ALL my Sigs!

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I really like my Ruger SR9c. Smallish, relatively inexpensive. I've read that it is very reliable and accurate. I've experience the reliability so far. The accuracy, meh. But I attribute that to me rather than the gun. I do believe it meets all of your criteria.

Good luck in your search!

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I love my browning hi-power. Holds 14, has adjustable sights, fun to shoot. Its a full size pistol though.

Mr Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    South Bend
    I really like my Ruger SR9c. Smallish, relatively inexpensive. I've read that it is very reliable and accurate. I've experience the reliability so far. The accuracy, meh. But I attribute that to me rather than the gun. I do believe it meets all of your criteria.

Good luck in your search!
    I have also heard good things about the SR9C. So are you a better shot with another handgun?

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Well, I joked about it, but really, there is no single "best" 9mm; there is only the best gun for ME, given my own requirements and preferences.

The Glock 19 is one that fits a LOT of people's requirements. It doesn't look terrible, but it isn't a particularly pretty weapon. Tough to beat its reliability, though. Accuracy is fine if you train with it. Printing isn't bad if you dress appropriately*.

The most comfortable in my hands is either my S&W M&P or my Sig. Those are probably the easiest on the eyes, too.

Myself, I carry a Springfield XD because it has several features that others don't have, and I like having those features more than I like the features the others have.

Any of 'em can be CC'd, are fun and reliable to shoot, and accurate with training, though.

* Remember Bob Boatman's admonishment that our wardrobe must be dictated by what we carry, not vice versa: "Carrying a loaded gun with the ability and will to use it is not a casual fling meant to bring some excitement into your boring life. It is an all-embracing lifestyle and must take precedence over your respect for law, your fear of social criticism, your love of humanity, your wardrobe and your drinking habits." (Source: The Constitutional Right and Obligation to Carry A Gun)

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Oh, I forgot to include single stack magazine in the criteria! Does that throw you for a loop?

It does!

The Sig P6 would probably be a good contender in that category. Never understood, though, why they'd want a service pistol that size restricted to a single stack magazine. :dunno: But it sure feels nice in the hand, and it does have that sexy look Sigs have.

The Taurus PT709 is a smaller option, making it not as easy to shoot but easier to conceal. It's been pretty reliable. I like its second-strike option. When you're carrying so few rounds in a mag, it doesn't hurt to hit the same striker twice before you discard the round.

Mr Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    South Bend
    Well, I joked about it, but really, there is no single "best" 9mm; there is only the best gun for ME, given my own requirements and preferences.

The Glock 19 is one that fits a LOT of people's requirements. It doesn't look terrible, but it isn't a particularly pretty weapon. Tough to beat its reliability, though. Accuracy is fine if you train with it. Printing isn't bad if you dress appropriately*.

The most comfortable in my hands is either my S&W M&P or my Sig. Those are probably the easiest on the eyes, too.

Myself, I carry a Springfield XD because it has several features that others don't have, and I like having those features more than I like the features the others have.

Any of 'em can be CC'd, are fun and reliable to shoot, and accurate with training, though.

* Remember Bob Boatman's admonishment that our wardrobe must be dictated by what we carry, not vice versa: "Carrying a loaded gun with the ability and will to use it is not a casual fling meant to bring some excitement into your boring life. It is an all-embracing lifestyle and must take precedence over your respect for law, your fear of social criticism, your love of humanity, your wardrobe and your drinking habits." (Source: The Constitutional Right and Obligation to Carry A Gun)
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I understand everyone will have a different opinion. But we love guns and we love to debate. Why do you think that pistol is the best based on my random criteria? Can anyone be swayed to a new 9mm? We shall see.....

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I have also heard good things about the SR9C. So are you a better shot with another handgun?

No! I'm just a beginner who needs to spend time at the range. Please don't take anything I said as a slam on the SR9c. I did a great deal of research on it before I bought it. I've put less than 200 rounds through it. I have a LOT to learn!

Forgot to mention how much I like the fact that it has 10 and 17 rnd mags. They aren't single stack but the gun feels REALLY good in my hand. I handled several Glocks and Springfield XDs before choosing the Ruger.

Mr Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    South Bend
    It does!

The Sig P6 would probably be a good contender in that category. Never understood, though, why they'd want a service pistol that size restricted to a single stack magazine. :dunno: But it sure feels nice in the hand, and it does have that sexy look Sigs have.

The Taurus PT709 is a smaller option, making it not as easy to shoot but easier to conceal. It's been pretty reliable. I like its second-strike option. When you're carrying so few rounds in a mag, it doesn't hurt to hit the same striker twice before you discard the round.
    Sig P6, hmm looking into that one now...

Top Bottom