• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    South Bend
    Purchased a Kahr CW9 for the wife and I. Purchase was made at Beech Grove Firearms today for $379. We are going up to the range sometime tonight so I will report back how the gun performed.

Mr Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    South Bend
    Update- Range

Wow, what a great gun. I don't have a lot to compare to or very much experience but a pleasant shooter. (I have shot a G26 and a Sig 250) It was decently accurate. The trigger pull is little long and the strike point will take practice to eliminate pulling the shot to the side and low. The quality of the gun is what I would expect from all the great things I previously heard about from Kahr. I have medium size hands and it fit them like a dream. Not to small, not to wide. My wife enjoyed it, her only complaint was the effort the slide took to pull back. But I expected this. It was no problem for me. If you have any questions hit me up :-)

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I just got a CW45 and cant hardley put it down. Great gun for a great price. I was pulling my shots a bit as you mentioned so then whent to the bench rest and put them right into the bullseye so I know it was me. After I got used to it I was hitting everything I aimed at. All in all great guns for the money and American made.

Mr Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    South Bend
    I just got a CW45 and cant hardley put it down. Great gun for a great price. I was pulling my shots a bit as you mentioned so then whent to the bench rest and put them right into the bullseye so I know it was me. After I got used to it I was hitting everything I aimed at. All in all great guns for the money and American made.
    American made. You hit the nail on the head.

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    What improvements did the spring and rod do? Why the slide stop? I was thinking bout the front sight.

The Wolff spring makes the trigger pull roughly 5lbs. About 1-1.5lbs lighter.

The guide rod is all stainless, little heavier. Helps recoil and it looks better. It is also smoother and should last longer.

P9 slide stop is a little thinner and looks better. It is machined so specs are a little tighter.

image-13.jpg

image-3.jpg

Stainless base plate as well.
    image-5.jpg

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Purchased a Kahr CW9 for the wife and I. Purchase was made at Beech Grove Firearms today for $379. We are going up to the range sometime tonight so I will report back how the gun performed.

Not much beats the joy of taking a new gun to the range for the first time. :)

Mr Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    South Bend
    Follow up

Only downside so far is the lack of magazine options....

Sidenote- what do I need to purchase to clean it and where is the best place to do such purchase?

HK_bach_HK

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Any LGS should have what you need. Just grab a bottle of CLP or Hoppes #9, patches, a wire brush, and an old toothbrush, q-tips and some rags.

Top Bottom