• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    P-22 over the Sig Mosquito. I know the earlier models of the Mosquito (I owned one) were really picky on ammo.

If you have large hands you may find the P-22 too small.

As others have said, also check out the Ruger SR-22 and also the Ruger Mark III 22/45.

marcum man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    Bourbon
    Yes, seriously consider the SR 22 I've shot all three before I made a purchase, and hands down IMO the Ruger was the best of the bunch.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I have the mosquito and I really enjoy it. It did take me a while to find what bulk ammo it likes but once I found it I love the gun. Feels really good in my hands. When I was debating on either the p22 or the mosquito I read lots of bad things about the p22 so I stayed far away from them.

I would also look at the sr22, the ruger mkII or 22/45.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I would go with the Walther. I did have a Walther P-22, and it digested just about every brand of .22LR I feed it, but a close friend of mine has the Sig and says it will only fire CCI MiniMags properly.

77broncoman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Martinsville, IN
    While I love all the other Sig handguns I own, an early build Mosquito was not a great experience for me. Lots of FTEs and had to go back to the factory and still did not come back right. I eventually sold it, and from what I have read, the newer Mosquitos are much better.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Have a P22Q here. I have no complaints. It feels good in the hand, weight and contour. Eats everything so far. But it's just my opinon. I have no experience with a SR22 or GSG.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have owned both the P22 and the mosquito. Sold the P22 to a friend, still have the skeeter. I might be one of the few people who will give a thumbs up for the skeeter. It is just a little bit bigger then the P22 which makes it useful for actually feeling like a real gun. Accuracy for both is similar. I actually shoot the skeeter better because it is a bit larger. Skeeters are kind of picky about ammuntion while the P22 was little roach that cycled everything I fed it.

Cheap plinker = P22
    Cheap Training Tool = Mosquito

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Please look into the Smith & Wesson M&P22. It is a great pistol and the same size as the M&P9 and M&P40, therefore making it a great cross-training pistol.

I have the Walther, the M&P and the Sig. I like the M&P first, the Sig second. However, I read manyk great reviews on the Ruger SR22.

jontz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    I could spit into Michigan
    I had a mosquito. Key word is had. I don't think I ran 100 rounds through it before I sold it. That being said it is a great gun if you like to practice tactical jam clearing. I've never shot a P-22, so I can't say anything one way or the other about it. It can't hardly be worse than the Sig though.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom