• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m82mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Milton,In.
    Anyone know what the FN 5.7 pistols are being sold for?
    I've seen some crazy high asking prices, but don't know what they are
    selling for.

Indyhandgunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    Saw one the other day at a LGS in Fort Wayne-it was used, standard gear that normally comes with it-Price Tag $1800!!! :n00b:

Wow, these are some crazy times were living in. I remember my buddy bought his new two years back for a touch over 900 and I thought that was way too much. Using gunbroker as a guide, the cheapest a used one can be acquired for is around 950.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    selling for.

My buddy bought one on Monday for $1200 with a bunch of ammo included. I think 200 rounds but don't remember. That was in Dallas TX.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Gun should be about $1,200. Ammo... if you can find it should cost about $20-25 a box. SHOULD being key words. You'll likely overpay for everything right now.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    selling for.

Bought mine used a little more than a year ago for $699.99 at Cabela's. Traded it last year for a $1000.00 Sig TacOps.

I had a PS90 that I bought for $1100.00 used and wound up trading it for a $1300.00 Kimber.

Good trades for me at the time. Yes, I could have gotten a bunch of money for them now...Ammo is nearly impossible to get and when you can, it is now nearly double what it was when I first bought the guns. Add to that, the 5.7 ammo hoarding happened way before this latest frenzy due to a large order from Uncle Sam.

Honestly not worth the headache and money for a round compared to a 22 magnum.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Generally over 2K on Gunbroker for the last few weeks. Too much, but that's what people are paying.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I passed one up last week at $1200 at my LGS. Standard it comes with 3
    20 round magazines. I almost purchased it. I decided the ammo is expensive, hard to find, hard to reload, and I could buy a couple quality guns that I can get standard ammo for at the same price. I purchased a couple boxes of ammo for it at $40 per box in case I decided to buy it a few days later I would have some ammo for it. Same ammo a week later is $60 per box at same store. I will likely sell the ammo later with no problem, no one can find it.

Sean

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    "Sean" of the magical 51 posts :rolleyes: has one here on INGO for $2000 dollars..It is like new and comes with a couple hundred rounds of ammo...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns_pistols_and_revolvers/263233-fn5_7_ammo.html

I sold one in the shop last month for $879 plus tax..Lightly used...

Yep, I haven't had any constructive posts at all on here, like the one where I answered the questions about airline travel and checking a firearm (since I'm in that industry). Sorry I can't come up with with 1,631 posts in a little under a year and a half though to meet your high standards.

I bet the guy that bought my Wilson for 1k off without having to wait a year or more probably looked down on me for only having 50 posts.

Used ones are going for $2100 plus on gunbroker without ammo that's why I'm selling it, I thought it would be easier to do FTF and if someone wants one so be it.

Last edited:

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Generally over 2K on Gunbroker for the last few weeks. Too much, but that's what people are paying.

yup - thats what i've been seeing. I was close to buying one a year ago for $800 but didn't. Cound have turned a tidy profit if I had.

Sean

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    We should look at it this way, a fair price to pay for a FN 5.7 used is around $800-$900 dollars considering the cost of the firearm new. The same can be said for the price of a PMAG, fair price new $12.95, used less than $10.00. How's that working out for everyone?

Given that they're hard to come by, the market has spoken. How much is something worth when it's scarce on the open market? Sure, you might be able to find one in a local shop used for $800-$900 or a new one for $1195. How much is your time worth to continue looking and waiting? I bet there's someone out there that places a high value on their time and seeks the instant gratification willing to pay what the market is currently barring.

I'm not a shop I don't depend on customer loyalty, I'm selling a product and I will attempt to get the most out of it. Just as a buyer will attempt to get the product for the cheapest price. It's a business transaction plain and simple, I couldn't care less if you think that's a poor attitude. You can laugh or make snide remarks but it's the truth. Someone will have the OPTION to purchase it, they're not being forced to. I would NEVER pay 2k for one it's not worth it to me but to someone else probably.

Real Actual Data (You know the stuff that matters)

$2,575 Gun only NEW completed transaction
    $2,300 Gun only NEW completed transaction
    $2,175 Gun only used less than 20 rounds completed transaction
    $1,999 Gun and 1000 rounds 4 days left
    $1,825 Gun and 500 rounds (1st gen case) 4.5 hours left
    $1,700 Gun and 100 rounds (1st gen case) 2 hours left
    $1,700 Gun and 750 rounds (1st gen case (laser & 30rd mag) 4 days left
    $1,665 Gun and 500 rounds (1st gen case) 1 day left
    $1,650 Gun only 1 day left
    $1,500 Gun only 8 days left

m82mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Milton,In.
    Thank you for your answers. I bought one of these about
    5 yrs ago as an investment. This money will go to my sons
    college fund. I'll try to sell it tomorrow at the 1500.
    Hope to see plenty of INGOers there.
    Mike.

Sean

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Thank you for your answers. I bought one of these about
    5 yrs ago as an investment. This money will go to my sons
    college fund. I'll try to sell it tomorrow at the 1500.
    Hope to see plenty of INGOers there.
    Mike.

Don't get lowballed on it! It's pretty easy to sell stuff on Gun Broker and if the local market can't provide you the price point you want sell it online.

Indyhandgunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    We should look at it this way, a fair price to pay for a FN 5.7 used is around $800-$900 dollars considering the cost of the firearm new. The same can be said for the price of a PMAG, fair price new $12.95, used less than $10.00. How's that working out for everyone?

Given that they're hard to come by, the market has spoken. How much is something worth when it's scarce on the open market? Sure, you might be able to find one in a local shop used for $800-$900 or a new one for $1195. How much is your time worth to continue looking and waiting? I bet there's someone out there that places a high value on their time and seeks the instant gratification willing to pay what the market is currently barring.

I'm not a shop I don't depend on customer loyalty, I'm selling a product and I will attempt to get the most out of it. Just as a buyer will attempt to get the product for the cheapest price. It's a business transaction plain and simple, I couldn't care less if you think that's a poor attitude. You can laugh or make snide remarks but it's the truth. Someone will have the OPTION to purchase it, they're not being forced to. I would NEVER pay 2k for one it's not worth it to me but to someone else probably.

Real Actual Data (You know the stuff that matters)

$2,575 Gun only NEW completed transaction
    $2,300 Gun only NEW completed transaction
    $2,175 Gun only used less than 20 rounds completed transaction
    $1,999 Gun and 1000 rounds 4 days left
    $1,825 Gun and 500 rounds (1st gen case) 4.5 hours left
    $1,700 Gun and 100 rounds (1st gen case) 2 hours left
    $1,700 Gun and 750 rounds (1st gen case (laser & 30rd mag) 4 days left
    $1,665 Gun and 500 rounds (1st gen case) 1 day left
    $1,650 Gun only 1 day left
    $1,500 Gun only 8 days left

I wouldn't really consider that real actual data. You only listed three completed transactions, and I know there have been gunbroker auctions in the past that were quite fake (I remember when KSGs came out and one of the first couple sold for 10 grand, like that really happened:rolleyes:). If people are going to try and sell their five sevens for 2 grand, more power to them, but I get the feeling they're going to be waiting awhile for those guns to sell.

Top Bottom