• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Welcome Ingo. I have a fullsized one and have not had any issues with it at all. Beware, there are a few snobbish people that think Llama's are junk, but mine has been flawless.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Its not snobbish if its the truth, its simply calling it like it is. Snobbish would be saying "if its not a Colt it sucks" or the like.

Llamas are cheap for a reason, and very poor quality control is a lot of that reason. If you get one that runs, fine, but a whole lot of folks got one that didn't run.

There are some cheaper 1911s out there that run fine. Apparently the Tisa import from Turkey is showing real promise, Taurus and Remington have pretty reasonable entries price wise that have a much better reputation than Llama.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Congrats TP. Nothing wrong with the Llama. I understand some folfs will disagree and it cannot be compared to a Colt however, I have owned both. The parts are interchangable, maybe not the newer model but you can interchange. Thats said, I replaced the spring, got an oversized mag release and regret selling it more than the Colt. You've peaked my interest. Pm me if you got it here in town.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I have a Llama whose model number escapes me at the moment. It's the fat one that holds 13 rounds of .45acp. It seems just as good as the standard G I issued Colt. I know saying that is sacrilege and I am an infidel. I also recognize that for all I know the Llama metallurgy is inferior to the Colt, but as of right now the Llama shoots straight and reliably. Time and wear could tell a different tale in the future.

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    I had a compact Llama for a few years. I really liked it, except it liked to throw brass directly over my right shoulder and occasionally in my face.

tpntch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    Llama 1911

Finally figured out how to upload pic . LOL
    picture.php

tpntch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    I finally got it to the range. It shoots just fine to me. I pull the trigger it went BANG!!! I hit the target.

This thing is heavy!

Top Bottom