• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Milkshakeed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I saw many threads on specific pocket guns, but none as a thread to compare (I may be blind though, I'm sure you all have discussed it). I am looking for a good pocket pistol/second carry pistol. I lean towards a 9mm or a .22. I owned a LCP but sold it because I want to consolidate to just a few types of ammo (too poor to have to many calibers). This will also be a good thread (unless someone can point me to one that is already going) for us to compare and for others to come to for information.

When you post please include the following information.
    Brand:
    Make:
    Caliber:
    Type: (semi or wheel)
    Cost:
    Reason you carry/like it:
    Link to the manufactures web page for that gun:
    Available Holsters/Add-ons:
    How you carry:

This is a thread for research. Lets keep the fan-boy (I know I have what I love, but there has to be a reason behind it) in us all as the only reason for what we like. Lets get facts down.

GO!

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Brand: Kel-Tec
    Make: P3AT
    Caliber: .380, 6+1
    Type: Semi-auto
    Cost: $225 (used)
    Reason you carry/like it: It's tiny and it's light. Mine feeds 90gr Federal Hydra-Shoks like a champ and is unbelievably accurate.
    Link to the manufactures web page for that gun: Kel Tec CNC
    Available Holsters/Add-ons: Numerous holsters and belt clips, mag extensions, and a .22 conversion kit almost ready for beta release (I'm on the list for inclusion as a field tester)
    How you carry: Right hip pocket, C1

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    The best pocket rocket is:

a)One that you practice with repeatedly, that you carry all the time and that you are confident will not let you down.

b)Brand? Doesn't really matter. See a) above.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Brand: Kahr

Make: CM9

Caliber: 9mm

Type: semi

Cost: $369 new for the one I bought. (Many places are closer to $400)

Reason you carry/like it: As small as it gets while still remaining reliable. LC9, PF9, Shield, etc are too big for me to enjoy pocket carrying. I shoot it incredibly well too!!! Far better than any of my previous pocket guns.

Link to the manufactures web page for that gun: Kahr CM9 - Style # CM9093, Kahr Arms Pistols

Available Holsters/Add-ons: I use a DeSantis pocket holster, but there are more options than I can list.

How you carry: Pocket, sometimes front, sometimes back pocket

Last edited:

Milkshakeed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The best pocket rocket is:

a)One that you practice with repeatedly, that you carry all the time and that you are confident will not let you down.

b)Brand? Doesn't really matter. See a) above.

Agreed, I want the info so I can get as much information on it as I can before buying. After I have it I will be on the range with it. Good to have that clarified though. Thanks.

armiker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Second the Kahr CM 9,about as small as you would want and be reliable with great reputation.If you want something even smaller look at the 380 line-up.:welcome:

Indycobalt19

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Brand: Smith & Wesson
    Make: m&p shield
    Caliber: 40
    Cost: I got mine for a straight trade for a Sig SP2022 9mm but 500 and up
    Reason you carry/like it: soo thin, light, accurate, comfortable to carry
    Available Holsters/Add-ons: Lots of holsters available for the shield
    How you carry: OWB/IWB in a custom kydex sharktac holster

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis

Reason you carry/like it: As small as it gets while still remaining reliable. LC9, PF9, Shield, etc are too big for me to enjoy pocket carrying. I shoot it incredibly well too!!! Far better than any of my previous pocket guns.

Link to the manufactures web page for that gun: Kahr CM9 - Style # CM9093, Kahr Arms Pistols

Available Holsters/Add-ons: I use a DeSantis pocket holster, but there are more options than I can list.

^This^

My father pocket carries his CM9 all the time and shoots just as nicely as my CW9. I'd do anything to trade my CW for his CM.

Edit: and no offense to the above post, but do you honestly pocket carry your shield? I'm 6ft, 160 lbs...no way I could get away with that without wearing MC Hammer's pants.

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton

Third vote for the CM9. Recoil is surprisingly light, and it is easily concealed. Better trigger than any pocket gun but the SA options.

I also have a crossbreed holster when I don't have enough pocket space.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Edit: and no offense to the above post, but do you honestly pocket carry your shield? I'm 6ft, 160 lbs...no way I could get away with that without wearing MC Hammer's pants.

I feel the same way. When the Shield came out, I was currently carrying a LC9. I was excited to try out the Shield when a buddy bought one. Then... I handled it and put it in my pocket. Even bigger than the borderline (for me) too large LC9. Don't get me wrong, the Shield is a great little shooter, but it's just not pocket carry material for me.

FWIW, the post that recommended the Shield said he carried OWB or IWB, not pocket carry.

outnumbered

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Ruger
    LCR 38spcl +p
    5 rnd revolver
    13 oz unloaded(not sure of weight loaded)
    $375 out the door
    Seldom my only gun, but in my front coat pocket, much easier to access than my ccw carried iwb.

Sublime49er247

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Brand: Ruger
    Make: LCP
    Caliber: .380 auto
    Cost: $279
    Reason you carry/like it: the feel of it in my hand, reliable
    Available Holsters/Add-ons: Tons
    How you carry: concealed with this one, open with my 9