• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Corbinator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Makarov (Pics added in thread)

I just got a new Makarov and was wondering if anyone had an idea of the value. The pistol is .380 cal and was imported by Big Bear Arms out of Dallas TX, On the slide it reads "40 Years of Makarov Pistol - 1993". It has never been fired and is in it's original box. Came with 2 magazines. I have 2 other Makarov pistols in 9x18 and was curious if anyone knew anything about this one.

Last edited:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I just got a new Makarov and was wondering if anyone had an idea of the value. The pistol is .380 cal and was imported by Big Bear Arms out of Dallas TX, On the slide it reads "40 Years of Makarov Pistol - 1993". It has never been fired and is in it's original box. Came with 2 magazines. I have 2 other Makarov pistols in 9x18 and was curious if anyone knew anything about this one.

Is it a true Makarov pistol (a "Pistolet Makarova") made in the USSR, DDR, Bulgaria, or China? Pictures?

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Nice looking Russian Makarov. These things seem to have niche collectors. They did come in .380. It was also possible to change out the barrel. Never understood that. Cheap ammo to expensive ammo. But whatever blows your dress up is okay by me.

Last edited:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    It's hard to say. The barrel and enough of the internals could have been replaced so that appears to have not been fired. Whatever the case, it does look pretty decent.

Enthusiast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    A gun shop I frequent offered $300 for my slightly used Russian IJ70-18A. I thanked them but declined because I'd rather have the pistol than that amount of cash. Its a nice little shooter but I'm not likely to ever use it as my carry weapon.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I like Maks though I sold most of the ones I once had. I converted one to .32NAA because I could, I kept the original barrel and can convert it back just as easy. I kept the one I left alone because it was made the same day I was, 25OCT62 in East Germany so I thought that was too cool not to keep. It took me months to find out the day, the month and year are stamped onto the slide and was the original reason I bought it and three others like it at a gun show. Once I was able to be sure I had the dates too I sold off the two made on other days and was so pleased to find out that the third was made on my actual day of birth I went out and shot a box of ammo through it. Makarov.com is sorely missed. They were a great help in getting the records I needed to figure out the actual date the gun was made. They were also some great guys to deal with so it was with a very heavy heart that I put in my last few orders helping to clean them out so they could close their doors. :(

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I like Maks though I sold most of the ones I once had. I converted one to .32NAA because I could, I kept the original barrel and can convert it back just as easy. I kept the one I left alone because it was made the same day I was, 25OCT62 in East Germany so I thought that was too cool not to keep. It took me months to find out the day, the month and year are stamped onto the slide and was the original reason I bought it and three others like it at a gun show. Once I was able to be sure I had the dates too I sold off the two made on other days and was so pleased to find out that the third was made on my actual day of birth I went out and shot a box of ammo through it. Makarov.com is sorely missed. They were a great help in getting the records I needed to figure out the actual date the gun was made. They were also some great guys to deal with so it was with a very heavy heart that I put in my last few orders helping to clean them out so they could close their doors. :(

That's pretty cool :)

TEK

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    st joe county
    got a russian one in 9x18 for $150 a long time ago

so many cool guns in these minor calibers and ppk-ish type setups - FEG used to make some nice ones too

Top Bottom