• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyharleyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Carmel
    Hi I have a 2006 Buick Rendezvous and when I'm not carrying my Springfield XD subcompact if I'm in my car I want to be able to lock it in the console. Just wandered if anybody has seen anything that is made that I can buy that would do that. I know there are small safes with a cable on them but I'm looking for something different than that.
    Thanks for any input.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Hi I have a 2006 Buick Rendezvous and when I'm not carrying my Springfield XD subcompact if I'm in my car I want to be able to lock it in the console. Just wandered if anybody has seen anything that is made that I can buy that would do that. I know there are small safes with a cable on them but I'm looking for something different than that.
    Thanks for any input.

Where do you park your car? You know, I just want to check it out. Ok just kidding, but you may want to look into something similar to this... The Perfect In-Car Gun Safe - Magills.com

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    If I'm not mistaken the Rendezvous is a hatchback SUV. So I'd be VERY cautious about having anything of value visible. Out of sight means out of mind for the criminal. But seeing a cell phone, iPod, laptop, tablet, gun (yikes!), or a safe is just asking for someone to break out the window and grab whatever he can find.

The In-car safe noted above, however, if it were able to be located in a spot where it could not be seen from outside, would give you that extra measure of protection. As you know, time is always working against the burglar. He wants to get in, get what he wants, and get OUT without getting noticed.

dragun762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Drill a couple holes through the console and floor then run a locking cable through and through your trigger guard. not fancy but wouldnt take much room. maybe use a good bikelock like kryptonite..

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I use the center of mass gun vault when I have to pass through unfriendly gun states or when I must have the weapon secured. They come in 2 sizes and are very easy to use. They are not very expensive and are very sturdy.

I try not to store my gun in the car, if can help it. There are times when you cant avoid storing it in the car.

In Car Gun Lockers

indyharleyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Carmel
    Oh yeah the 10000 volt electrical charge I have on the car if you touch the car should solve the problem of somebody breaking into it also lol

indyharleyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Carmel
    I will look at the other suggestions also but wandered if anybody has this one?

Small GunVault Nanovault 200 GUN / Pistol VAULT / SAFE

Charlie

BTSTEVE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Sellersburg
    Here is a link to a very strong well built safe that you can mount in your car. Probably would need to be mounted in the trunk or back of an suv. I was able to feel one up at a gun show and they are very sturdy and very well built. Built like a tank. They are priced kind of high, but would be very hard to get into. I think some day I am going to get one and mount it in my trunk, when on occasion I need to leave the gun in the car. I have one of the center mass cable safes, but they do not compare.

Handgun Safe

avcautoinc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    can you lock your glovebox? i like the idea of having a "safe" for my pistol but hate the idea of having the cable that its attatched to cut and the whole thing stolen

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Just get one of the safes that attaches to the seat frame via a cable. They are cheap and a lot better than a glovebox, although still easy to get in if someone is determined.

Like this -> In Car Gun Lockers I don't recall where I bought mine. Notice the top right corner one, that security cable has the loop... you wrap it around your seat frame then stick one in through the loop making a slip not, then the one end locks inside the case.

Top Bottom