• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    You and i are at the exact same place currently...im leaning towards the kahr cuz my curren carry piece is a glock....but i already know you cant go wrong with either...but the pm9 costs more

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The PM9 is my nearly constant companion. If it costs too much, it has a less expensive brother, the CM9. Less features, same reliability, quality and carry-ability.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I am looking at getting a small 9mm carry and am torn between thr sig p938 nightmare and the Kahr pm 9. Can any one help me to make the right choise on which one i should go with and why. Thanks
    I started the same thread a few days ago. Only difference was I asked about the CM9 and P938. Check out some of the responses I got. From what I have read there is no significant difference between the CM9 and the PM9 other than that the CM9 is way less $$$.

brichindy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    SW Indiana
    Have you considered a Kahr MK9? It's an all metal counterpart of the PM9. Just something to think about. Oh and good luck finding one....

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I'm pretty high on both Kahr and Sig products. In this case, I'd say the Kahr from simplicity of controls.

Plus, the Sig 938 "just doesn't look right". It's proportions are all wrong. I know that is just aesthetics, but form should follow function and that gun looks like a brick.

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have decided to go with the kahr pm 9 I got the too tone and I really like it however it is not much smaller then the pm 45. I got a sig 938 nightmare also but I am almost the Kahr is going to win out. Thanks guys for all your imput.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Definitely the Kahr, the 938's have had some reliability issues. Go the CM9 route, better value.

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    I'm extremely happy with my PM9. I don't know a lot about the Sig 938, but I just can't get too excited about a small single-action pistol for a true concealed-carry piece. I've owned a Colt Mustang for many years and I still think it's a cool little gun, but I've never been a fan of it for concealed carry. I think a striker-fired pistol it a better choice. Your mileage may vary.

matodd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2011
    Delphi
    I have both a CM9 and a 938, Both handle and shoot great. Both are very good as far as quality. But if I were to only have one I would go with the Kahar due to the major price difference.

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    I have a 938 and am extremely pleased with its performance. I have not had any "reliability" issues. I have put many magazines of various ammo through it, and even mags of mixed ammo, and it functions fine. The only thing is mine will not eat Federal Hydro shocks.. Not sure why, but they don't feed well. I have had Zero FTE problems which is the most common complaint I have heard. I believe, after reading on the wonder web, that this was a growing pain and Sig got the kinks worked out relatively quickly. From what I have read they changed the extractor and the recoil spring length in later models. Mine has a serial number of 14,###. I had a Beretta Nano prior to my Sig. Although on paper they seem comparable, the Nano just seemed heavier and brickish. I don't have a Kahr to compare it to (yet) so I can't give any insight there. Bottom line I love mine, and have no intention of ever getting rid of it! And it is a sexy looking little shooter in my opinion.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I love my p238 so much that I caught a 938 with 2 mags and a lazer for 650 shipped from Sportsmans Outdoor superstore last week. I hope to get some range time with it next weekend, it is still in transist That was the best price by 100 that I found in the last month.

dusty711

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2013
    New Albany on the river
    I have a 938 and am extremely pleased with its performance. I have not had any "reliability" issues. I have put many magazines of various ammo through it, and even mags of mixed ammo, and it functions fine. The only thing is mine will not eat Federal Hydro shocks.. Not sure why, but they don't feed well. I have had Zero FTE problems which is the most common complaint I have heard. I believe, after reading on the wonder web, that this was a growing pain and Sig got the kinks worked out relatively quickly. From what I have read they changed the extractor and the recoil spring length in later models. Mine has a serial number of 14,###. I had a Beretta Nano prior to my Sig. Although on paper they seem comparable, the Nano just seemed heavier and brickish. I don't have a Kahr to compare it to (yet) so I can't give any insight there. Bottom line I love mine, and have no intention of ever getting rid of it! And it is a sexy looking little shooter in my opinion.
    Thanks for the info, the 938 is sounding better all the time!

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    No problem Dusty. One thing to consider when making your decision is that though both guns are similar in dimensions and specifications, they are quite different in operation. The Kahr if I am not mistaken is a striker fire which i guess is similar to a DAO other than it has a striker that is partially "loaded" with the rack of the slide. This makes the trigger pull less and obviously no external hammer. The 938 on the other hand is a SAO. It operates like a mini 1911. So if you carry with one in the chamber it is cocked and locked. Some may find this intimidating for pocket carry. I guess you could always carry condition three, with the chamber empty, but that ain't my style! Just some more to think about.

dusty711

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2013
    New Albany on the river
    No problem Dusty. One thing to consider when making your decision is that though both guns are similar in dimensions and specifications, they are quite different in operation. The Kahr if I am not mistaken is a striker fire which i guess is similar to a DAO other than it has a striker that is partially "loaded" with the rack of the slide. This makes the trigger pull less and obviously no external hammer. The 938 on the other hand is a SAO. It operates like a mini 1911. So if you carry with one in the chamber it is cocked and locked. Some may find this intimidating for pocket carry. I guess you could always carry condition three, with the chamber empty, but that ain't my style! Just some more to think about.
    Thank sig-man, I am old school thumb safety type..cocked and locked is OK. You know what they say.....if you don't carry one in the pipe you just have a expensive club!

Top Bottom