• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kraaken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Curious on thoughts about what "Brands" resonate with you all when you think of buying a weapon. Personally, for 1911's - I think of Colt. For wheel guns, I think "Smith and Wesson" and for shotguns I think "Benelli".

If you were going to buy a gun does brand name make a huge difference or not really - which brand do you feel holds the best value?

mskendall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    NE Indy
    Apparently, Glocks are the way to go. You buy one new for about $500, take out a mag or 2, shoot about 300 rounds, scuff it up a bit and sell it for $650.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I'd look for a Bryco, Jennings, Jimenez, Lorcin, Raven Arms, or Davis . . . and run the other way.

Bottlefed

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Hamilton county
    Hk pistols
    Browning shotguns
    Winchester rifles.

I've always looked at it this way if you buy quality regardless if brand and take care if it you'll do just fine.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    For hand guns I would go with Colt and S&W. For rifles I would go with Remington and Winchester. For shotguns I would go with Benelli and Winchester. They all hold there value well for what they cost as long as they are kept in good condition.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    .40 cal Glocks seem to be an exception (pre panic anyways.) Perfectly good police trade ins were plentiful ranging for as low as $350-$300.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Curious on thoughts about what "Brands" resonate with you all when you think of buying a weapon. Personally, for 1911's - I think of Colt. For wheel guns, I think "Smith and Wesson" and for shotguns I think "Benelli".

If you were going to buy a gun does brand name make a huge difference or not really - which brand do you feel holds the best value?

Not worried about holding value... but guns I would consider buying used because for the most part unless someone does some unnecessary OEM parts replacements, they just work and I am somewhat familiar with them:

Semi-Auto Handguns: Glocks or M&P's
    Revolvers: Ruger
    Bolt Rifle: Savage
    AR: (not as familiar), but stock, complete from factory rifles such as Colt, S&W, Spikes, Daniel Defense, etc.

I buy a gun to use it, not for value, but that said, I won't overpay for one.

Seabass

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    NE Indiana
    It seems to me that the premium brands in any category hold value well.

Semi auto: Colt, Sig, Kimber, Springfield 1911's, and Walther seems to still hold its value. I would've easily put H&K in this category until recently as it appears as though the market is extremely soft on USP's.

Revolver : S&W Colt and Ruger cowboy guns specifically.

Rim fire: Ruger just seems to make excellent 22's; Mark, 10/22, & SR22 is gaining a ton of steam.

Rifle: Winchester, Remington & Savage. Assuming you're not talking the entry level stuff from Savage all three are excellent. It's a pick 'em.

AR's: the obvious winner is Colt. Though I have a good (New England manufacturer) Bushmaster, neither they nor any of the others are in the same league as far as perceived value.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    I say Glock for sure. The name is the new Coca-Cola of hand guns. If you are selling on armslist the new buyer is looking for a Glock. In this climate when so many first time gun buyers are showing up. Glock is what they are looking for. I think 9mm G17 G19 is the hottest and g26s.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood

An easily recognizable name brand can definitely make it easier to sell a firearm. Especially when it comes to selling a firearm to people who aren't firearm aficionados. Benelli and CZ make great shotguns, but it'll probably be easier to find a buyer for a Remington or Mossberg shotgun.

For handguns, there's usually a good demand for Glocks. An average Joe will at least recognize the name.

Top Bottom