• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billybob44_Jr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    Southern, IN/Louisvi
    Great website! I'm a newb (to this website) 101st Army Veteran (Rakkasan)looking for places to target practice around Clarksville, IN...New Albany, IN, or Jeffersonville, IN. I would really like to find a dependable place to shoot at. Thanks for your comments.:ingo:

mpholic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    From one veteran to another (marine) welcome to the forum. I can't help you with range suggestions, I'm in central Indiana. Sorry.

rogerdt99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    The range in Henryville is okay, though it can get a bit rowdy on Saturdays (no Sunday shooting.)

If you are up for a bit further of a drive, then the range at the Crosely Fish & Wildlife Area in North Vernon is a much nicer range. They have covered shooting stations with dedicated pistol and rifle shooting lanes. I live in New Albany and usually make the longer drive to Crosely.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Welcome and thank you for your service :patriot:

I've heard mixed reviews about the henryville range...i know people who love it and go nowhere else (mostly when you get there early enough) and others arent fans (a lot of people dont follow proper gun range "etiquette"). I stay away from it only because i have access to a few private land "ranges" but wouldnt be opposed to going if i had no other options.

billybob44_Jr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    Southern, IN/Louisvi
    I would LOVE to find a place to shoot that is private and rural and not have to worry about a gun range/gun store. I was brought up on gun safety from age 5 (In Hancock County outside Indianapolis with a great gun responsible Father), and continue to make sure that is the rule when handling a firearm (The Army also taught me to be safe with a weapon as well, or get your ass beat.) It would be really nice to find a farm/open private owned area to target practice and get used to a new pistol or rifle if I win the lotto. Thanks for everyone's responses! This website really impresses me!

Top Bottom