• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    A post I made in another thread got me to thinking about the overall looks of handguns and what the ugliest handgun in my opinion is. I think in all the handguns I've seen and read about one stands out as the homeliest looking thing I've laid eyes on: the Astra 400. Modern Firearms - Handguns - Astra mod. 400 and 600 These things have a face even a mother would have a hard time dealing with. Throw in some mother of pearl grips and some intricate engraving and they look even worse.

astra400.jpg

I want to know what other people think the ugliest handgun is.

mistergreentree

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I have to agree that the High Point is one ugly gun...I also have shot the 9 mm version and for some reason that thing actually hurt my hand. I carry an XD45 and shoot regularly and have never had anything "bite" like that high point. I have a cousin that has the 9mm and he likes it and it does function fine...just doesn't shoot comfortable for me.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    145   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    That Astra may be ugly, but tehy are actually neat guns. I had one for awhile and it shot really well. It had some cool design featuresfor it's time.

Doug K

Oh yeah, Hi points are ugly and Nick, the Nambu is one ugly pistol, but when it comes to Jap guns, the Type 94 takes the cake!

t94142right.jpg

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Ugliest handgun ??? I have 2, FMJ .45 colt/.410 single barrel and the other is a FMJ .45/.410 Double barrel. These are actually put together with pins and E- clips. As far as the Astra 400 and 600 they are pretty good guns and good shooters.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    High-Point are pretty fugly.

I think Steyr's are ugly too.

I'm just talking about looks here, not arguing how they function.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    When you are working in the yard and you need to pound in a nail, a High Point will do. I have had 2 of them

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    The "Liberator" pistol is a bit rough looking:

LiberatorPistol.jpg

Gun banners should have a look at this thing. Anyone with any kind of mechanical skills could pound out something a lot more functional and perfectly reliable in any halfway well equipped machine shop.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I think we Have a ..WINNER>>>>Antsi....But do you know what those ugly pistols are going for? Big Bucks, I think they were just issued during WWII so the person could shoot someone and get their weapon. They even came with a little stick to push the empty out.

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    I saw a shotgun made out of a staple gun and a pipe which was featured on Gandland the episode where the guy goes to Jamaica. Just saw it last week. It didn't have a stock on it and it kinda worked like handgun where you squeeze the staplegun and it pops the primer.

Thing looked like a Peice of Shiite, but pretty ingenious. They outlawed firearms over there and they showed the weapons the gangs used, Everything from M16/AR15's to makeshift guns put together in a garage.

:edit: I thought it was Gangland but I could have swore it was on a different channel. I wish I had a pic of that shotgun, it was ugly as sin.

:edit again: The show was Gang Nation.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    If you want to see some of the ugliest homemade guns , get the book issued by the military in about 1967...called improvised munitions.

Top Bottom