• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I'm a Glock guy. 100% through and through. I carry a G19 with Federal 9BPLE 115 gr. +P+ JHP. It's my favorite gun and my favorite handgun ammo.

I have to carry an M&P 40 at work. Here are my thoughts on the gun:

-It's comfortable. Not Glock comfortable, but I like it. I have small hands and the small backstrap fits me well.

-Good capacity. I carry 15+1 in my G19, and I carry two spare 15s. 46 rounds total. I am able to carry 46 rounds with the M&P as well.

-Low recoil. We carry Speer Gold Dot 180 gr. JHP. The Gold Dot is a bit less snappy than the 9BPLE. This was the first .40 I have ever shot, and I was surprised by the lack of recoil.

-Trigger. Not the greatest. It's decent, but I don't care for the reset. I like the Glock trigger far better.

-Accurate. It performed very well. I achieved pretty good groups. Not as good as my Glock, mind you, but I was satisfied.

-Reliable. No issues at all with duty ammo or reloads. I was using some old beat up mags, and it performed flawlessly. No complaints here.

All in all, it's a very good handgun. I'm thinking of getting one for myself. If I had to choose a gun other than Glock to carry, the M&P would be it, although probably in 9mm.

Picture time!

IMG_0700_zps031627ff.jpg

IMG_0701_zps46d39a8c.jpg

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I'm not allowed to make any modifications or alterations to my duty weapon.

I just wanted to say that I appreciate this handgun, and I proudly carry it, even though I'm a Glock guy.

The M&P is a solid gun.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    It's a Brink's issued firearm. The Brink's M&P 40 is slightly different than a standard one, the only difference is that it has a magazine safety.

brinks%20217%20logo.jpg

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I just ordered a 9mm drop-in barrel, but I can't seem to find any magazines.

Voodoo574

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    South Bend/ Mishawaka
    Its a shame you cant change the striker block. It make it go from an "ok" gun to a gun that is on par with any Glock, XD, or mid level handgun. Sure its not a slicked up 1911 or a totally tricked out race gun, but I feel comfortable staking my life on it.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Mine & my BIL's shoot way better groups with 169gr bullets. As far as 9mm mags. If you're just talking at the range, just use your 40 mags. I've done it quite a bit and they do just fine. Occasionally they won't feed the last round or the last round will not stay in the mag when loading to max. However, I only load 10 rounds on the range usually so that has never been a problem.

ifr2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    Indy
    Thanks for the info on the M&P. I have a left handed friend looking for a new pistol, and he asked for my opinion. The M&P 40 looks like a good choice.

Irishshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Avon
    Thanks for the info on the M&P. I have a left handed friend looking for a new pistol, and he asked for my opinion. The M&P 40 looks like a good choice.

I'm a leftie and I just got a new M&P 40C. 250 rounds downrange so far and it has become my favorite gun.

Top Bottom