• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    I am looking for a IWB holster for my G27. I currently have a Blackhawk Tuckable Holster & I love it, but the holster is not rigid & makes re-holstering a nightmare. I want to find a comfortable all day IWB holster that is rigid & allows one-handed, no sight reholstering. One of the holsters I have come across is the White Hat Horsehide holster with Kydex frame. Anyone have any experience with this holster? Any other recommendations?

Thanks!
    alabasterjar

TheDoaner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Southern IN
    If I have a gun that I need a specialized fit for and want that style of holster then I usually start looking at Crossbreed (Crossbreedseconds.com sometimes has some bargains), White Hat, and Hiddenhybridholsters.com all three are great. If I wanted to fit something as common as a Glock 27, then I'd just get a Galco King Tuk for that model and I'd have instant gratification and probably save at least thirty bucks.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Kholster.com I have a couple and they are very comfortable and reasonably priced.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

Bigbuck5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Arcadia, IN
    I don't have a White Hat but I do have a Crossbreed and an Ozarks holster. Both are horsehide (which I recommend). I really like them both. Ozarks is the cheaper priced of the two, but at least as good quality.......maybe better. You can't go wrong with any of the hybrid types in my opinion. Check out Theis Holsters too.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If I have a gun that I need a specialized fit for and want that style of holster then I usually start looking at Crossbreed (Crossbreedseconds.com sometimes has some bargains), White Hat, and Hiddenhybridholsters.com all three are great. If I wanted to fit something as common as a Glock 27, then I'd just get a Galco King Tuk for that model and I'd have instant gratification and probably save at least thirty bucks.

The Galco King Tuk is a great holster. I have one for my 27 and have carried it for the last 3 years. Very comfortable.

mfd111

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    Check out Detroit Holster.com. I have 2 of their IWB holsters. they are nice & they are quick on shipping

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    Thanks for all the replies! Short of going to a gun show - is anyplace I can test these out in person? I am in NE Indiana - Ft. Wayne & Mishawaka/South Bend are a reasonable drive. I HATE buying sight unseen!

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I have become a fan of Old Faithful Holsters. Good product and a 30 day guarantee you can beat. You can buy a ready to assemble "kit" that you easily put together for under $40. ($75+ for and assembled one) They have all kinds of options and even a Mold it yourself kit.

Check them out. Old Faithful Holsters | The Best Store for Kydex Gun Holsters Kits & More.
    I've been shopping for a good holster for some time now...this one looks very interesting. I was thinking about trying to assemble an IWB holster for my CM9 and OWB for the Hi-Power. Any other opinions on this holster?

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I've got a white hat max tuck. I used it for my m&p shield when I had it. When I sold my m&p shield and got my Springfield xds, I just got a new replacement kydex piece from white hat, and had a great holster for it for $23 instead of having to buy a full holster again.

Their benefit over crossbreed:
    1). All hardware is replaceable high grade steel, while crossbreed rivets
    2). Leather is thicker
    3). No stupid cross emblem on the clips (although this is personal preference)
    4). They'll do custom leather, kydex print, etc...

White hat max tuck is the best iwb kydex/leather holster out right now IMO.

also, my .02, spring the extra $10 or whatever it is and get the horse hide leather. It's seriously worth it.

Span24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    North Central
    Thanks for all the replies! Short of going to a gun show - is anyplace I can test these out in person? I am in NE Indiana - Ft. Wayne & Mishawaka/South Bend are a reasonable drive. I HATE buying sight unseen!

As someone has already indicated, the Galco KingTuk IWB is an incredibly comfortable holster. I have carried both a M&P .40 as well as my Sig M11-A1 and would not use any other IWB. It conceals VERY WELL and I find it is most comfortable for me at about the 5:00 position. If you can make your way to Goshen to Rocket Guns he has nearly an entire wall dedicated to the Galco holsters and is more than happy to let you test them. Perhaps you might even call first to see if he has one in for yours.

Good Luck!

Top Bottom