Beretta Pico or Kahr CW380 - anyone with leads or info?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Gotta say I'm intrigued by the idea of the new Beretta Pico and Kahr CW380. I've had nothing but good things to say about my Nano. Anyone out there see any of the new Picos or CW380's, or have any ideas on when they're being released if they haven't already? Seeing actual reviews now, figure they must be out there?

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Neither gun is showing up in our distributors' systems yet, so I expect it will be awhile (they normally show up in the system with 0 quantity, well before they are actually available).

The CW380 will be a huge hit at its price point. I've had a lot of inquiries from customers about the Pico, but I'm personally not excited about it at all.

GCA321321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I saw on the Kahr forum that the CW380 release has been pushed back until late this year/early next year. Not sure how reliable that is...but for what it's worth...

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    the Pico is supposed to start shipping to distributors in the 4th quarter of this year.
    I plan on buying one with added factory light, night sights, and 1 extra frame (FDE).
    they're supposed to come with 2 factory mags and a "zippered carry case" (I assume like the bodyguard)
    I've shot the bodyguard, lcp, thunder, etc. but this beretta has certain features that I'm looking forward to.
    recoil operated, hammer fired, DAO, no mag disconnect safety, etc
    I hope it becomes a good BUG for me...

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'd opt for the Pico strictly because it's a Beretta. (That being said, I'll continue to march with my Polish P64.)

WeeJ

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Going from pics the Kahr looks to be better ergonomically. Kahr have a great reputation for durability, Beretta less so. I would buy the Kahr

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    Kahr pistols are also entirely made in the USA. I'll be buying the CW380 asap. Should make a nice back up or my better half will probably just take it and I'll never see it again. I'm loving the Kahr handguns. Great, simple and run.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I really like the Kahr P380 so I think the CW380 will be huge at a the reduced price point. The pico does not do much for me.

Last edited:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Got my CW380 today. Hopefully you guys start seeing them!

I called and spoke to someone at Kahr a few months ago. They explained the problem, and said they would be out around late November in small numbers. I guess they were right. Where did you get yours? And when you try it out, give a range report. I liked my CM9 so much I bought a spare. Really curious about the little .380.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I am always surprised not to see more nice press about the Nano. Mine has functioned flawlessly and I love carrying it.

I wouldn't really even consider going back to the 380, but feel confident the Pico will please many.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Yeah just responded to the other thread. But I got it at Terre Haute Guns, I had been inline for one a good long while… I also love the CM9, I like the 380 just for how much better it fits in my pocket. I will be getting a CM9 in the future when I have more disposable income and one appears for the right money. I would rather have it just because of the caliber.

I can give you a "range report" of sorts… It shoots good! I am happy with it, about what I expected. I only ran a couple mags through it so I could give a better report later. But its got the Kahr trigger pull you would expect. The sights are still real and usable but very small. Its nice and thin. Good pistol… When I run it through the works here in a couple weeks when hunting season is up ill give a good update!

dsears

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indiana
    Has anyone had some range time with the CW380?

I purchased a new CW380 last week and put 50 or 60 rounds through it. So far I am not impressed as I could not get through one clip without a jam. I went through a clip of Hornday and several clips of Remington (both JHP) and the clip of PMC (FMJ) was the worst. The Owners manual does say to shoot at least 200 rounds to break it in but I would not expect a jam on every clip. I can't carry this gun with confidence at this point.

In addition, another Gent at the range with a .40 Kahr is having the same/similar problem but the difference is he had ran 200 + through his Kahr firearm.

Any advise?

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Has anyone had some range time with the CW380?

I purchased a new CW380 last week and put 50 or 60 rounds through it. So far I am not impressed as I could not get through one clip without a jam. I went through a clip of Hornday and several clips of Remington (both JHP) and the clip of PMC (FMJ) was the worst. The Owners manual does say to shoot at least 200 rounds to break it in but I would not expect a jam on every clip. I can't carry this gun with confidence at this point.

In addition, another Gent at the range with a .40 Kahr is having the same/similar problem but the difference is he had ran 200 + through his Kahr firearm.

Any advise?

Just a thought, but not knowing your level of experience in shooting, are you sure you're giving the gun a stable enough platform to function while firing - ie, not limp-wristing? With these little guns being so light, there's no mass in the gun to resist recoil, so it's up to the shooter....

That being said, I've got an LCP that's run like a top from round one, so maybe the Kahr is still tight and needs loosened up some more? Other than "jam", your description doesn't let us know much to go on, as to what type of malfunction you're experiencing...

Top Bottom