Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    http://www.eastexshooting.com/Notice.pdf

Heads up XDs owners.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Springfield Armory® is initiating this voluntary safety recall to upgrade 3.3 XD-STM 9mm and 3.3 XD-STM .45ACP pistols with new components, which eliminate the possibility of a potentially dangerous condition. We want to emphasize that no injuries have been reported to date.

Springfield has determined that under exceptionally rare circumstances, some 3.3 XD-STM 9mm and .45ACP caliber pistols could experience an unintended discharge during the loading process when the slide is released, or could experience a double-fire when the trigger is pulled once. The chance of these conditions existing is exceptionally rare, but if they happen, serious injury or death could occur.

What should you do?
    STOP USING YOUR 3.3 XD-STM 9mm or .45ACP PISTOL AND CAREFULLY UNLOAD IT!
    To begin the upgrade process and for fastest response, go to www.springfieldrecall.com. Request a return authorization for the 3.3 XD-STM Recall. You will need to provide your name, address, phone number, email address and the serial number of your 3.3 XD-STM. The serial number is located on the frame beneath the dust cover (accessory rail).

If you don’t have computer access you may initiate the upgrade process by calling 800-680-6866. If you no longer own the 3.3 XD-STM 9mm or .45ACP pistol, please advise Springfield of the current owner.

What pistols are involved?

This Safety Recall applies only to:
    Springfield 3.3 XD-S 9mm pistols - serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700. Springfield 3.3 XD-ST.45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300.

This Safety Recall does not apply to any XD® or XD(M)® pistols.

What will Springfield do?

Springfield will send you a return authorization and mailing label, allowing you to return your 3.3 XD-S 9mm or .45ACP pistol to Springfield at no cost to you. Springfield will upgrade your 3.3 XD-S 9mm or .45ACP pistol with the new components, and return it to you. Springfield will provide tracking numbers so you can monitor the receipt and return of your upgrades.

Questions?

Viisit Springfield Armory for further information about this safety recall. You can reach Springfield at 800- 680-6866. Springfield apologizes for this inconvenience, but your safety is our paramount concern.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    So if I send mine off, does it come back to me? Or a FFL. If it goes to a FFL will I be able to pick it up? I am only 19...

Induz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Holy smokes... Now I need to send it back. I have had it for more than 2 months but haven't taken to the range yet. I guess that's a good thing.

indyharleyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Carmel
    The recall site seems to be down. Anybody else experiencing this? I'm getting
    The Recall Registration site is currently unavailable due to site maintenance.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I, too, am unable to access the maintenance form at this time. Re: the question about the return of the gun to the owner or an FFL, I am of the opinion that the gun would be returned to the owner. This assumption is based on the fact the gun is being shipped to and from the manufacturer for repair purposes.

Induz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    I would assume the shipping will be from and to the owner and if there is any requirement to be shipped to the FFL, the cost would be covered by Springfield. I will try to call them tomorrow. The site isn't working for me too.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Meeeh. If it ain't broke...

i doubt it is possible to ship directly back to the owner with out a FFL.

False. It should come right back to you. This isn't a purchase, it's for work to be done on your pistol. I did this with smith and wesson, and it was shipped back to me with no ffl involved.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Anybody know what's actually wrong with them? Firing pin being out of spec and too long seems to be the most likely cause.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The recall page worked for me too. Just processed my recall request and they do send the pistol directly back to the owner via FedEX (adult signature required)

EDIT: I should also add that Springfield states not to ship by using a drop box (common sense really). They must be shipped via a staffed FedEx location.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Site just worked for me and instantly was emailed a shipping label. Springfield Armory ReCall Registration

Was thinking about not sending it in since they do say "voluntary" and I would like to see a bit more info as to what is exactly wrong.
    Not sure what exactly the problem is but they posted a way to tell if the upgrade has been completed upon return of your firearm. Looks like they add a roll pin thru the grip safety for some reason. What other internal components are involved is anybody's guess at this time.

How can I tell that my 3.3 XD-S™ has been upgraded?

When the recall upgrade is applied, there will be a distinguishing feature on the grip safety, confirming that the pistol has received the upgraded components.
    Upgrades_2.jpg

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    When my Sig P250 was firing WAY low, I sent it directly to SIG for repairs, and it came straight back to me. I would ask someone with an FFL if there is an age issue, but I doubt it.

The website didn't work for me with 2 browsers earlier just after I posted originally, I plan on trying it late tonight to avoid heavy web traffic.

....should have bought the PPS.... :dunno:

Top Bottom