• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I know 44mag.com has a tendency to price gouge high demand items but what's up with the M&P 9mm pistols? Am I missing something with these guns or is this just the next step in despicable business practices?

44MAG.com - Smith & Wesson - Smith & Wesson M&P9 Pistol - New In Case - No Magazine

It's one thing to sell spare mags at inflated prices ($89 each) but it's quite another to remove them from a new firearm and sell them separate.

I used to like 44mag but if this is what it seems to be then I will NEVER do business with them again. They've just exceeded CTD in nastiness.

Old Reliable

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I kinda thought this would happen before long. I was able to order 2 M&P 9mm 17 rounders from midway yesterday for 35 each. So the gun is 425+70=495 + shipping and transfer- not even a good deal for the gun, if you can get the mags.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Will the price of M&P magazines be in the 10,000 page paen thread to M&Ps?:D

I think I'll put it in there.:D

BTW, you can buy Glock magazines for a third of the price of M&P mags.:D

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Will the price of M&P magazines be in the 10,000 page paen thread to M&Ps?:D

I think I'll put it in there.:D

BTW, you can buy Glock magazines for a third of the price of M&P mags.:D

I knew the price of the mags was very high but this is the first time I'd seen a dealer strip the mags from a new gun making it a paperweight just to sell them separately. I'm not really too concerned with finding M&P mags. I picked up a full size M&P 9 at Bradis a couple weeks ago and just ordered 2 more mags from Midway over the weekend. That will be enough for range trips and general carry until they come down and are readily available again. I took advantage of the inexpensive Glock mags several years ago and continue to do so when I find them. We have a minimum of 12 mags for each Glock in the house, all 7 of them. We've been long time Glock fans.:)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I knew the price of the mags was very high but this is the first time I'd seen a dealer strip the mags from a new gun making it a paperweight just to sell them separately. I'm not really too concerned with finding M&P mags.

Gun dealers have long done this. During the AWB (and all this was orchard, I wore an onion on my belt) dealers did this with police trade in Glock mags.

People want the gun, not the magazines. So, take the mag out sell it separately and pay the water and light bill. Price of the gun is held down and the dealer gets money to pay bills.

One never has "enough" magazines. A box car is a good start.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    not familiar with this vendor but taking the extra mag out of a firearm's original package to sell as an extra is nothing new.

Yes, I've seen removing the extra mag to sell by itself, what 44mag is doing is removing both mags and selling the gun with no mag at all as a new gun.

Yep, they are taking all the mags and selling the gun without any mags. They are taking all 3 from Gen 4 Glocks. And then selling the Glock mags for $50 each. Anyone who pays $50 for a Glock mag has either lost their mind, or is just plain ignorant.

I'm done with 44mag.com. I won't order another thing from them ever. I could see if they were leaving the gun with at least 1 mag, but really?

I had never seen 44mag.com actually carry guns until now, and they are selling them without any magazines, so they can sell each of the mags for a greater margin than they would make on the gun by itself.

About a month ago they were selling M&P 9 mags for $99 and people were actually buying them.

You can find this stuff if you just are patient and know where to look.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Yes, I've seen removing the extra mag to sell by itself, what 44mag is doing is removing both mags and selling the gun with no mag at all as a new gun.
    guess I needed to read the ad better, my bad. That is ridiculous and I would never deal with a dealer like that so thanks for the update.

That I would have to mention to them when I called too if I were a common customer. I'd say this is a really greedy dealer who deserves a good boycott.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    guess I needed to read the ad better, my bad. That is ridiculous and I would never deal with a dealer like that so thanks for the update.

That I would have to mention to them when I called too if I were a common customer. I'd say this is a really greedy dealer who deserves a good boycott.

Sucky part is they used to be a good respectable company. Guess that's not the case anymore.

mjlcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for sharing this, they won't get my money, even if it's a good deal. Where's the "No magazines = no $$" cards?? I understand supply and demand, but to stoop to this level is ridiculous.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    A year ago I was buying M&P mags from them for $24.99, on sale from $29.00. Pretty sad to see this. I saw it yesterday and thought it was a misprint.

A year ago, I was buying them at Botach for $19.95 with free shipping. I've since sold off the M&P. I'm amazed that S&W hasn't ramped up M&P mag production more.

mjlcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I've been looking for some M&P 40/40c mags since February. I haven't caught them at Botach or any of the other sites for reasonable prices. I agree, S&W is taking too long to catch up! I'm about to switch to Glock... At least ammo is showing up in stores and online.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    44mag is on my no buy list as well. I purchased 3 CZ 17rd Mec-Gar mags during the craze for $34.99. A month later the price had come down to $23.99 a mag. I sent them 3 emails asking why the price was lowered all of a sudden and that I wanted to return the mags. I never ever got a reply from them. I haven't ordered anything since.

Top Bottom