• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just picked this up last weekend. There was a thread floating about (The Problem with 1911s) that made me realize I had a gap in my 1911 collection. What I needed was a good, every day carry 1911 that I will not worry about dings, scratches and rusting up from sweat. I am not planning on any fancy grips for this one, but that might change if I see a set of VZ grips in black cherry. I ran 175 flawless rounds through it last weekend and once I get past 200, with a fair number of SD rounds, it will be carried.

Remington R 1S in .45 ACP

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Nice looking pistol...Any plans to upgrade the thumb and/or the grip safety so that they are a bit more positive when disengaging? I can understand the no frills desire, and appreciate wanting a quality piece that is familiar, without sacrificing an expensive weapon to scratches and rust, but I think that a few modifications to at least bring the controls up to date for a more functional carry piece would be acceptable within the parameters that you are tying to work.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That's beautiful but what got kicked to the curb?

I dropped 4 firearms off at US Defense Solutions on consignment. They are a Norinco Paratrooper SKS, box stock Mosin, Springfield 1911 and Glock 29sf. The Springfield and Glock may come back home with me unless they sell pretty quickly. I'm having serious misgivings about giving up either of those. Since I bought my 1944 Colt last spring, my itch for a mil-spec 1911 has been taken care of, so the Springer has only been out once this summer. The Glock if a fun gun, but is another gun that I'm having trouble finding a reason to own. I have a 20sf, Delta Elite and Witness in 10mm as well as a G23 and G27, so it just does not fill a niche like the new Remington does.

But, no CZs are involved in this reshuffling...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Nice looking pistol...Any plans to upgrade the thumb and/or the grip safety so that they are a bit more positive when disengaging? I can understand the no frills desire, and appreciate wanting a quality piece that is familiar, without sacrificing an expensive weapon to scratches and rust, but I think that a few modifications to at least bring the controls up to date for a more functional carry piece would be acceptable within the parameters that you are tying to work.

I will do night sights on this and might do the extended thumb safety. Both are good to have on a carry gun and every other 1911 I have that gets carried already has those. Other than that, I'll probably keep this pretty much stock. I don't want to go down the path of building something I would stress over, so no ivory grips or polish for this one. My DE will be the barbeque gun, or at least as close to one as I can get.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I dropped 4 firearms off at US Defense Solutions on consignment. They are a Norinco Paratrooper SKS, box stock Mosin, Springfield 1911 and Glock 29sf. The Springfield and Glock may come back home with me unless they sell pretty quickly. I'm having serious misgivings about giving up either of those. Since I bought my 1944 Colt last spring, my itch for a mil-spec 1911 has been taken care of, so the Springer has only been out once this summer. The Glock if a fun gun, but is another gun that I'm having trouble finding a reason to own. I have a 20sf, Delta Elite and Witness in 10mm as well as a G23 and G27, so it just does not fill a niche like the new Remington does.

But, no CZs are involved in this reshuffling...
    Ah, you know me too well, my friend. :D

Top Bottom