• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    I has one with the 3" barrel and actually liked it. It kicked like a mule but still fun.

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    It is a great wheel gun IMHO. The 629-4 is the last of the hammer mounted firing pins and, a blast to shoot.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Anyone have any thoughts or experiences w ith a smith 629-4 with a 4" bbl >? Likes or dislikes problems or ?

The only problem I see with the 629 series of Smith and Wesson revolvers is you sometimes get blinded by the sheer awesomeness of perfection that is the N frame Smith and Wesson...You may look at it and find yourself weeping from it's simple elegance...

To paraphrase artist Wayne White, "They are so beautiful they hurt my feelings."

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    The only problem I see with the 629 series of Smith and Wesson revolvers is you sometimes get blinded by the sheer awesomeness of perfection that is the N frame Smith and Wesson...You may look at it and find yourself weeping from it's simple elegance...

To paraphrase artist Wayne White, "They are so beautiful they hurt my feelings."

Well done Sir!! Well Done...

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Nice fun gun to shoot. Recoil isn't bad unless you have the original checkered wood grips. The checkering ca wear on you. Nice guns ike that, I remove and store the factory grips and put Hogue or similar on it.
    That can be shot for half a day easy, and my SRH can be shot all day. Assuming you can afford to feed them.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Hay guys if i didn't want the big boom i would stick to a model 17
    Its not much bigger than A 3'' bbl 40
    Beings it's a 4'' i will start looking for a ankle holster to conceal carry it as a back up .....

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I had a 629 Classic and traded it for a "Dirty Harry" version. I liked them both, but like the blued version better.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I had one once and didn't feel like I was accurate enough to use for hunting. The 44mag in such a short barrel is just a whole lot of gun, and more than I wanted to deal with. That big of a caliber in that short of a barrel is good for traveling in dangerous bear country, and showing your buddies what you'd carry in dangerous bear country even though you'll never go there and only fantasize about it.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I had one once and didn't feel like I was accurate enough to use for hunting. The 44mag in such a short barrel is just a whole lot of gun, and more than I wanted to deal with. That big of a caliber in that short of a barrel is good for traveling in dangerous bear country, and showing your buddies what you'd carry in dangerous bear country even though you'll never go there and only fantasize about it.

Mine took down quite a few deer in its years. But mine had the 6 1/2" barrel.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    You're killing me Sparky. Somehow, some way, that gun was for sale that close and no one let me know...I feel like I just got punched in the gut....If you ever let her go????

Sure! If I get tired of it, I'll let you know. You have dibs. :yesway:

P.S. It came from Dubois Co. They had a 3" model 29 as well, but it was gone before I got a chance to see it...... Dang!

Top Bottom