• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    The pic is crappy, because I suck at close up pics.

GH2_Limted_001.JPG

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    esrice, it is a thumbrest that replaces the slidestop.

riverman, George has certain parts he recommends, listen to his advice. That said, there are some parts that he will give you some options with.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Does your gun "ring" when you dry fire? My GH2 makes a sound like a tuning fork when I dry fire. I'm not sure why it does it (slide resonating when firing pin strikes?), but I like it. It reminds me of The Lord of the Rings; the "Ork sword" that made noise and glowed when danger neared...

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Do you know who makes that slidestop? Or is that a one off part? Thanks

The thumbrest is called the "Nitro Fin", originally Shay Akai was the only place you could get them, and I thought he was the maker. I was wrong, although, I do think Shay had some design input.

Shay won't sell anymore as a single part but will put them on customers guns on request.

That said, the person that is actually making them and selling them, can be found here. NITRO FIN, 2011 STI/SV Slide Lock Thumb Rest . They are out of stock right now, but there is suppose to be a new batch coming soon.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Does your gun "ring" when you dry fire? My GH2 makes a sound like a tuning fork when I dry fire. I'm not sure why it does it (slide resonating when firing pin strikes?), but I like it. It reminds me of The Lord of the Rings; the "Ork sword" that made noise and glowed when danger neared...

Chuck, the tuning fork noise is the hammer. Next time you dryfire it, quickly pinch the ears on the hammer, noise will stop. That said, it doesn't bother me either.

RePete68

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lowell, IN
    The thumbrest is called the "Nitro Fin", originally Shay Akai was the only place you could get them, and I thought he was the maker. I was wrong, although, I do think Shay had some design input.

Shay won't sell anymore as a single part but will put them on customers guns on request.

That said, the person that is actually making them and selling them, can be found here. NITRO FIN, 2011 STI/SV Slide Lock Thumb Rest . They are out of stock right now, but there is suppose to be a new batch coming soon.

Thanks for the link. I gonna get on the waiting list. Would like to try one. Oh, Great lookin pistol as well!

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    RePete, I actually have two of the Nitro Fins, I was an early buyer!

It is too bad the season is essentially over with, as I am sure we would have run into each other at a match and I would be more than happy to let you check out the Nitro Fin.

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Mo' betta' pitcha' that Craig neglected to share with us here:

1397238_10200623777259577_226873479_o.jpg

Nice looking blaster....the timing of this thread is amazing!!! I think I have decided to have a pistol built instead of buying a stock or massaged STI. But.... after talking to chad today, I am thinking of going to the dark side and building an open pistol.

Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren
    Nice looking blaster....the timing of this thread is amazing!!! I think I have decided to have a pistol built instead of buying a stock or massaged STI. But.... after talking to chad today, I am thinking of going to the dark side and building an open pistol.

There you go! I thought we might have converted you today! You had that hell yeah kinda look on your face!

Top Bottom