• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    Anybody have any opinions on this gun? I found one today for $400, made in 83, fat slide, hexbolt, 3 mags and the cleaning kit. Doesn't seem like a bad deal to me, but I'm not real familiar with this gun.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Not sure about today's market on P1's but for the above mentioned I would try to buy it for $400 out the door. The P1 is a post war P.38 that Walther made for the German Bundeswehr. Small improvements were made to the gun, the biggest being the aluminum frame vs the P.38's steel frame. In the early 90's the P1 was replaced by the H&K P8 which is basically a 9mm USP with conventional rifling and a backwards safety for easy transition from the P1.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Saw one in Columbus here that I wouldn't mind for 300 or so last Friday. Came with a P38 holster. No cleaning kit, no spare mags. The 400 doesn't sound like that great of deal to me unless its pristine. The one in Columbus was used but had all its finish....just had lots of wear on it.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Saw one in Columbus here that I wouldn't mind for 300 or so last Friday. Came with a P38 holster. No cleaning kit, no spare mags. The 400 doesn't sound like that great of deal to me unless its pristine. The one in Columbus was used but had all its finish....just had lots of wear on it.

I would jump on that deal, I haven't seen many for sale locally and when they pop up are in the $400 plus range.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    I just sold a Walther P1 for 300.00. It was an imported Police trade in 9 mm. Who ever had it took good care of their handgun. It looked great and shot perfectly. I sold mine to raise cash for another revolver.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Debating taking my P290RS in for trade in on it. I would prefer something with some historical styling to it over the 290...

Don't blame you a bit, the Walther is fantastic. I love the feel of the pistol, balance, and function. Plus it's just cool having a piece of history that functions so well, and is the "daddy" of the Beretta 92 series. Mine has been 100% with FMJ, it does not like HP ammo.

PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I own one made in 1964. Maybe put 500 rounds down range with the old girl. Very accurate and dependable in my opinion. If you ever have feeding issues check the mag spring, the only issue I have had. Buy and enjoy a great looking piece of history !!

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    I was trying to hold out and wait and find one in a month or so when I have a few extra bucks, but I couldn't resist any longer.
    Went to Cablela's yesterday and put it on layaway, planning on getting it in a few weeks.
    BTW, they had 4 or 5 others in stock, varing prices.

Top Bottom