• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    So today the first glock that I have ever wanted came into my shop. I was quite excited when the deliveries were opened up today and it appeared. Then I remembered, it was sold weeks ago (long story). Fortunately one of my best customers got it. When he picked it up we immediately went into our range to try it out. It looked great, felt great, and for a glock pointed better than any other glock I have ever tried.

And this glock is tiny (compared to duty pistols), doesn't feel like any other glock out there, definitely doesn't feel like a block in your hand. And it contours to the hand so well, at least to my hand. At this time let us remember this is not a full size gun, and it does not fit the hand like a good full size gun, but I am reviewing this gun for what it is, and that is an over sized alternative to the LCP, Kel Tec, Kahr P380 & CW380, Walter PPS, S&W Bodygaurd 380, and some other small .380's Anyway onto the specs.

Firearm Specifications:
    Caliber: 380 Auto
    Capacity: 6+1
    Barrel Length (inches): 3.26
    Overall Length (inches): 5.98
    Height (inches): 4.17
    Width (inches): 0.94
    Trigger Pull: 5.5 lbs
    Weight (unloaded): 12.3 oz.

The trigger pull seemed heaver than 5.5 pounds, but not a lot more, and was quite enjoyable. The magazine spring was a little stiff at least compared with the LCP or LC380. This I am pretty sure will break in nicely. There is very little recoil, it almost feels .22lr like. They really put a fantastic recoil spring in it. But this is where it really starts going downhill for me. Out of the box, I didn't find it was a terribly accurate gun for it's size. And I know what some of you will say, it is not a gun meant for more than a few yards, this is true. It is not a gun I would want to have to take a 25 yard shot with. We had our targets at 21 feet, and I was not not impressed with the groups that either my customer nor myself were able to get. I personally have shot the Bodyguard 380, LC380, and Walter PPS much better out of the box than I was able to shoot the Glock 42. All that being said, for the purposes of deploying the Glock 42, it is certainly capable. And perhaps I just needed to run 2 or 3 hundred rounds through it to tighten up my groups.

The first 6 rounds of the day.

The second 6 rounds.

The tightest group either of us was able to muster at 21 feet.

That last group is not bad, I don't think it is good either, not for a striker fire like this. Perhaps I expected to much, I thought it would shoot as well as the Shield 9mm did. However today was not without casualties. The customer did get a nasty slide bite. As soon as I heard his reaction and saw him put the gun down and grab his hand, I expected blood. Thankfully his guardian angel was watching out for him and he got off with a nasty welt, maybe a little bruising. On the bright side, that did not make the Glock 42 miss feed. It still chambered the following round perfectly.

In closing, I will say that I have decided to pass on the Glock 42. I thought it was a good idea, and I know my shop shall sell a ton of them, but it is not what I hoped it would be. Perhaps they shall try this gun again in a 9mm like everyone was hoping for, in which case I would love to revisit a glock of this size.

A short after thought.

It also appeared that the sights were the same as a standard glock, which would lead me to think that the Glock 42 will be able to accept all sorts of different sights that I am used to using. I may have to revisit this after putting on some Trijicon HD night sights.

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Thanks for the review. It is nice to see Glock actually releasing a new pistol.(since the G30S is just a G30SF with a narrower slide) I wish it was a 9MM but, you can't have it all..

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    How much smaller is it to the G26? Does anyone have a picture of the two side by side? I really don't want a .380, but would love to have one this size in the 9mm.

indianachris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    How much smaller is it to the G26? Does anyone have a picture of the two side by side? I really don't want a .380, but would love to have one this size in the 9mm.

images

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Thanks for the review. This gun has never been on my list as I have a substantially smaller .380 BUG I am happy with, but I'm always willing to take a look at something that might be better. It sounds like this is probably not it, for me.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I was hoping the 42 was going to be 9mm. I assume they'll come out with a 9, but it'll be a long wait. I would like the slim, single-stack 9 to compliment my 19.
    I would assume they are not. A 9mm using this exact chassis would kill the .380 sales. IF...I mean IF they come up with a 9mm and it is larger than the .380, why not just move up to the G26 with its large capacity that's likely double.

Top Bottom