• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    The price difference is not an issue to me. The Ruger is cheaper, but I haven't handling the Ruger either. I like the front sight on the XDs, but I figure I can find night sights or something nice for the LC9. Does the Ruger have a slide safety? One thing I liked about the XDs is the back strap safety and the trigger safety. I will end up carrying this eventually.

Opinions?

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    xds for sure. The ruger is a little smaller but the trigger sucks on them if you ask me. I short stroked the trigger half the time I shot the LC9. This is a training issue for me and I have noticed that people that throw their finger forward like theyre not supposed to have no problem with the trigger on the lc9 but their follow up shots are slow and off target. XDs is a good gun, I owned one and carried it for a while, just for me it doesnt have enough of a size advantage to edge out a double stack 9mm. I ended up going back to my sr9c for a while before selling the gun and now I carry a m&p9c. LC9 does have a manual safety but you do not have to use it, the trigger is long and heavy enough that the safety is optional.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    O and I will also add that a lot of people say the LC9 is quite snappy, but I did not find that to be true, your mileage may vary though. Both good guns, but I think the xds is a better gun being striker fired.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I have carried an XD9SC from the get-go and I love mine. I had to add the Pearce Extension to the short mag though.

Do yourself a favor, limit the dry firing with this gun. The roll pins can and will sheer. They aren't expensive to replace and the company will replace one for you, but if it happens after that, you will have to find your own.

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    A friend of mine bought the LC9 from a Rural King where they keep a trigger lock on it. Neither of us liked the trigger very well and Ive carried a PT709 for 4 years which some say it sucks, so take that for what its worth. He sold it and bought an M&P 9c and is much happier. Ive never shot an XDs but have heard nothing but good about it.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Someone school me. I have a MP9c. Love the size. Is there something in that size range in the XD's? I like the grip safety. Maybe their smaller ones don't ahve it.

toddcraft33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Camby
    I really like my LC9. The trigger pull does take some getting used to. The pull is light and clean it's just really long. The main reason I like my LC9 is that I usually pocket carry during the summer months. The safety on the slide is a big plus.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    ruger...im not a ruger guy, but the lcp had a better trigger than the lc9...and if you look up reviews of the lcp's trigger it is hated enough already

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I like my LC9 a lot and carry it often. It shoots well and if you are not liking the trigger they have mods already for it. It will take what ever ammo you feed it and never seems to let me down. Don't know what else to say. :)

IndyT0m

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Between those two guns and if price isn't an issue the XDS wins every time. Much more refined and well made. Of course it is larger than the Ruger so it depends if you are looking for a pocket pistol or
    one that you can carry IWB or OWB. I would get the XDS and for summer pocket carry a Kahr CM9. Can't go wrong with that combo.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I've own both. I still have my XDs. Sold the LC9. The Ruger was a decent gun. Easily concealed, and with the Crimson Laser was great to shoot. But The XDs is just hard to beat. Buy the XDs!

Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    Got the wife a LC9 this winter and we just went and shot it yesterday. I was also looking at a XDS in my lgs and ended up going with the glock 26. The single stack pistols didn't feel good in my hand (I do have bigger hands tho). Long story short.... DAO trigger on the LC9 was not enjoyable for me to shoot. Wife liked the trigger and the inherent safety of a DAO. I like the sight picture on the ruger. I could shoot it accurately and was really impressed with it from about 25 ft. It seems to be reliable, although it only had 100 rds or so put through it yesterday. We ran some federal 115 gr brass through it as well as some steel 115 gr. wolf. It also reliably fed some Hornady Critical Defense. I know you can't say its a "reliable" gun after just 100 rds but it was a good start. A much better start than my Springer M1A scout or Springer 1911 loaded champion had in 2013. I have had nothing but great luck with Ruger (the only Ruger semi autos I've had are SR556, 10/22, and now the LC9). Both companies stand behind their products so there is really nothing to worry about other than your patience while you wait for your new Springfields to get fixed and returned to you. Ruger would get my vote simply bc they get it right out of the box AND the LC9 is less expensive.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Both are good guns, I have the Ruger LC9 and its a good gun for pocket carry (which is why I bought it), as far as the trigger goes I don't find that it is that bad and am able to shoot it with out issue. A buddy has the XDS 45 and it was a really good gun to shoot, I definitely enjoyed shooting it when he let me but its a tad bit bigger gun and would not (in my humble opinion) make a good pocket gun but would make a great CC gun on your waistband.

So it depends on what your looking for as to what my recommendation would be, except that both are good guns.

Top Bottom